LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijjay   14 November 2023

Sale of land


At present I am residing in US, I have a Land in Bangalore and want to sell it. The property is registered in my name. My brother resides in Bangalore. There are few buyers but at present not able to come to Bangalore. What are the options to register from US. Can I send a Power of Attorney to my brother for registering the property. Or is there any other options. Please let me know




 5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 November 2023

Authorise your brother by executing a power of attorney.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 November 2023

You may authorize your brother to sell your property by giving him power of attorney. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 November 2023

Send a power of attorney in favour of your brother to execute the sale deed on your behalf .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2023

You can  execute a general  power of attoeney deed in favor of your brother at your place and get it notarised by a local notary public or attesed by an official of Indian embassy/consulate, send it by a sealed cover to your brother, who will inturn present the same before the jurisdictional sub registrar, get it adjudicated after which he will be able to legally  sell the property on your behalf.

raja rongala   16 November 2023

you can execute a general power of attorney to your brother by signing document at US

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register