Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Chowdhury (Finance professional)     13 December 2018

Retrospective claim of tax refund

Hello All,

In case of one of my clients, as a result of an order (wef 2006) passed by Ministry of Defence (Army), he is supposed to get refund of tax which he had paying since 2006. Now, as per a circular issued by CBDT in 2015, one can apply for condonation of delay in filing of return claiming refund and returns claiming carry forward of loss and set-off thereoff for a maximum period of 6 years. However, in the concerned case, I understand that there is no delay in filing of return or incorrect payment of tax, etc. Its just that the computation of tax changes as a result of an order issued by a dept. of govt (not a court) and the assessee becomes eligible to get refund from retrospective basis. Now, I was unable to find out the procedure to apply for this back-dated refund or any reference to any provision/notification/circular which speaks of the procedure to claim such refund. Would appreciate if anyone can provide his/her opinion on this.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

CA Umesh Kumar   03 March 2019

How he can get refund from previous assessment years??  Tax payable on his salary might have been deducted correctly by employer??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register