Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh Burnwal   25 October 2019

regarding null and void of marriage

one of my friend married in July, 2018. after 3 months of marriage, her wife started torturing him physically and mentally, ultimately she filed a case of 498A and DV act against friend and his family. no family member live with them ever. now my friend got a proof that her wife was already married and not divorced her previous husband. she filed same set of allegations against her previous husband and his family. he has certified copy of a case in which she admitting that she want to withdraw all cases against her previous husband and his family and want to go back and live with them peacefully. actually she is professional to do marriage, file case and extort her husband.
now friend want to go court to declare his marriage null and void. my query is, what are the procedure for that and how much time it'll take.


 3 Replies

Varun2020   25 October 2019

just give proof that previous marriage was not dissolved. your friend can Lodge police complaint u/s 494 of Indian Penal Code against his wife which is related to bigamy.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 October 2019

If your friend wanted to resolve the issue as expeditiously as possible without much fuss, advise him to contact a local advocate.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 October 2019

The marriage could be anuuled if bigamy could be established.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register