LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     03 March 2024

Regarding agricultural property sale


I have got some share of agricultural property (in Tamil Nadu) and i am residing outside India and planning to sell that through power of attorney. I have 2 childrens who are born abroad and not indian citizens.

Now for selling this property, should we mention their names in Power of attorney or in sale deed or even if we dont mention that is that fine?

My understanding is since they are minor, we dont need to mention any of their names anywhere.

Please guide me properly.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 March 2024

If it is your own property it is not necessary to add their names and if the property is ancestral you shall mention their names (as minors represented by the natural guardian father).

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2024

If it is your self acquired property then there's no necessity to include the names of your children to execute the registered sale deed. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 March 2024

I concur the opinion and advise of learned senior experts, when subject property is self-acquired the minors are not required to be included in the transaction, otherwise (for ancestral property) they (minors) have an equal share, which can be sold with permission of jurisdictional civil court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register