Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NARASIMHAM SINGAMPALLI (ADMINISTRATOR)     05 January 2012

Rectification deed --amount of property mentioned wrongly

Dear sir!

My father in law died intestate 7 years ago. He has a wife, 1daughter (my wife) and 2 sons. My wife had given a relinquishment of right document to her father when he was alive. It was written on a stamp paper but was not registered. Can it be registered now? will it come into force from that day or from now?

4 years ago, My mother in law had registerd her share of the inherited property (her share in her husband's property ) in the name of her grandson. In that document she mentioned that she is giving her 1/3 share of property to her grandson.

Is this wording correct? As my wife's document is not registered, will she be entitled to a 1/4 share and my mother in law's share is only 1/4th? Is she giving away only 1/4 th or 1/3 rd?

If so, can she execute a rectification deed saying that she is giving her share of the property ( ie remove the word 1/3 rd)? will this clarify the situation?

The mother and the 2 sons are going to divide and register the property now. My wife is not interested in claiming any share in the property.

Please clarify.

Thanking you in advance.

S.L.Narasimham

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register