LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vignesh (EXECUTIVE)     04 May 2009

TERMINATION OF JOB WITHOUT NOTICE

I WORKED IN COMPANY "X" FOR ABOUT 21 MONTHS. DUE TO UNAVOIDABLE REASONS, I VIOLATED THE TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT. DURING THE TIME OF TERMINATION INSTEAD OF THREE MONTHS NOTICE, I COULD GIVE ONLY 9 DAYS NOTICE. COMPANY IS STRICT IN THE POLICY NOT READY TO SETTLE SINGLE RUPEE( against Rs. 20,000/- approx.) , WHEREAS THEY ARE BIASED TO OTHERS AND OFFERING ONE MONTH NOTICE EVENTHOUGH NOTICE PERIOD IS SAME FOR BOTH.

Learning

8 Replies

Murali Krishna (Govt..Employee)     04 May 2009

You cannot compare even with those others because they have given atleast one month notice. Whereas you have given only 9 days notice. 

Dr. Harrit Jani (CONSULTANCY)     04 May 2009

According to employment contract you must give the notice of the said period to the company, else they may not settal your dues. but you are entitled for your PF and graduity. but again it depends on the terms and conditions of employment contract. at the most politely you can request the company for the settlement of dues.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     04 May 2009

mr. murali krishna and dr. harrit are right. you can not compel the employer to ignore terms and conditions on ground of parity.

Sony Kanth (HR Manager)     26 May 2009

Dr. Harith jani's remark of Payment of Gratuity for 21 months service is not correct. There must be a completed 5 years of service for getting gratuity. However in some cases the Management's discretion will prevail in payment of gratuity for least service also.

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     26 May 2009

Pl accept my symapthy...as the same has happened with you in the time of recessison.

But, at the same time, when the appointment letter was signed by you (accepted by you), you entered into an agreement with the party on the terms and conditions as provided in your letter of appointment.

Hence, take them as good or bad...you are bound by them.

Have a happy searching of a new job...!!

Good wishes,

Pooja

Ramesh Chandra Tiwari (Service)     29 May 2009

Dear Vignesh, In my view, irrespective of whatever is the case your previous Company has to do your full and final settlement and clear your dues. Whether it is positive or negative is seperate issue. Suggest, please tell your Company to clear your F&F settlement. Otherwise, sooner or later you may land up in some trouble, if your F&F is negative. Regards, RCT

P.ESAKKIMUTHU (LABOUR CONSULTANT)     29 May 2009

IF THE TERMINATION IS FOR ANY MISCONDUCT ANENQUIRY IS A MUST OTHERWISE TERMINATION BECOMES INEFFECTIVE AND YOU CAN CHALLENGE THE TERMINATION IN APPROPRIATE FORUMS

Harish Chandra (Service)     19 August 2009

Reservation in promotion in PSU is applicable as per PWD ACT 95 and various circular issued by concerne ministry, However in year 2005, while compiling the circular, the ministry knowengly left the content  & sprit of the circular which state applicability of reservation in promotion in group A & B post . This is against the the PWD ACT 95 provision. Can any body take action against the concern ministry? and forced them to rectify the mistake.

Regards,

Harish Chandra

hc_jaiswal9@yahoo.co.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register