LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshul   01 February 2023

Property law

I construct a house with my brother the land is impartiable and jointly constructed. In registery I am entitled to construct additional floor in terrace and exclusively own and posses the floors so now construction is done so how can I register it on my name.


 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 February 2023

The property is stated to be "undistributed" or without any formal "partition" then it can be registered in the name of both of you.

Construction over the property does not change title (Ownership).

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 February 2023

Get the property partitioned and then register it  in sub registrar office.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 February 2023

If  you and your brother are mutually ready to arrange a settlement then make a partition deed specify everything therein and attach the site plans too , register it in the court and proceed to get approval from municipality or whatever building controlling agency Is responsible for providing permissions, get permission in your name alone as per your agreed site plan.

Anshul   01 February 2023

I have right to construct a flat and own it. Can I also permission of my brother or I can alonely register property in my name

Shashi Dhara   01 February 2023

No both have to come and register it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query