LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

padmanabha guptha (owner)     29 January 2011

property dispute

I have purchased revenue land to an extent of tweny nine guntas during 1998 from nearby relative. The seller died during 2007. Now his wife and two minor children have filed a suite stating the registered sale deed is fake as it is forged.

 I am not able to trace the witnesses signed while executing the sale deed.

Is witnesse has to come to court of law for evidence


will it be dismissed based on the objections filed by me as the same have been verified by Sub-register while registrarion of sale deed.

Please enlighten me in detail.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 January 2011

If it is ancestral property then deceased legal heirs are entittle to claim thier share in the properties.  If it is not ancestral then they cannot claim any share.

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     30 January 2011

Do you have any proof of the amount you paid towards the sale?

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     30 January 2011

if the properties ownd the seller by the way of his ancestral the heirs or the sellers are right to claim their share except the seller's share. you cannot challenge it  But notbdy cannot claim share in the properties if the properties are the self acquired properties of your seller. you can challenge it.   

padmanabha guptha (owner)     16 June 2019

My brother in law died in that house and I cremated as I am the one nearest to him. It is his own house. I looked after him whenever he was hospitalized and taken care of medical expenditure. He was receiving pension, in spite of that he use to request handloans because of bad company and habbits. I want that house to be in right person hand. Otherwise, his bad company will unauthorisly occupy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register