LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S (student)     20 March 2015

Promotion regarding

I joined as a Asst. manager at an autonomous body in Nov2009. As per our recruitment rules (RR)i am eligible for Manager after 5 years. ie, after 2014 Nov, i am eligible for Manager.

And, in our organisation there were some promotion issue before joining me in the organisation and that was solved in the year of 2012 by promoting the  three of the employees as an Asst. Manager. 

As per our recruitment rules (RR) to become the manager , the candidate should have 5 years experience as Asstt. Manager. As per this rule i am the senior.

But they are claiming that, they were eligible to Asst. Manager before joining me.  So they demand to the management to give the seniority than me. ie, when they were eligible to that post (Asstt. Manager).

Moreover i am outsider. They are local people.

Could you please suggest me, is there  any rule in this regard and any judgement ref. So that i can inform to my ministry thru proper document.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 March 2015

In your organisation, before your joining there were some issues on promotions.  By that time they might have been eligible for promotion as Asst. Manager and further as Manager.  that means they are seniors  and you are junior to them.this is for information.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2015

Both issues :Seniority of others and yours is to be decided in concurrence with Service Rules/RR.......

You can contest if there is bias or violation.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2015

answer4 is hidden in your query itself.  You  know that they were serniors and eligible before you become eligible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register