Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sourav (rrr)     18 November 2017

Processing fees deducted by sbi with out loan approval

Good Afternoon Sir,

Thankyou so much for your time. Kindly note the case details is below 

I wanted SBI to take over my home from HDFC Bank. In this regard I have submitted all the Financial documents and office related documents along with 3 different cheque to SBI amounting to 6000/- I was promised by the SBI bank personal that no cheque will be cashed if the loan is not processed. But to my surprise I found all the 3 cheque were cashed and now I have spend 6000/- as processing charge with out the actual loan getting sanctioned. They are constantly asking for one document or the other. This property in question was bought in My name and My Mothers name but unfortunately she died in 2016. I have removed my mothers name from HDFC home loan as well still they SBI Bank is not satisfied. They want a NOC from my Father who did not stay with us for the last 15 yeras.
I think from my part this is not justified. 

In this regard I contated the SBI Branch, RACPC Branch and the customer care to refund my money as there are lot of gaps in there process and I did not want to waste my time following up with SBI. 

The property is question was registered in my name and my mothers name in 2015 but unfortunately my mother died in 2016 Aug after which I have removed her name from HDFC and its clearly evident in HDFC side the loan is paid by me alone no other owner. For which I had to submitt a Declaration in Rs10 declaration form but still they SBI Bank is not satisfied. They want a NOC from my Father who did not stay with us for the last 15 yeras. 
I think from my part this is not justified. They are simply harassing me. 

My humble request is kindly refund the money I paid to SBI for the Home Loan take over but they are adamant not to refund any amount. there is no proper justification why they do not want to refund the amount. They are simply harassing me saying this is the process but I have checked with some other banks they clearly said if the Loan is not Sanctioned there is no question for processing fees
I need hep from you please how can I get my hard earned money back.

Regards
Sourav

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Forget it. Processing fee is not for approval of loan, but only for processing of the case by examination of case related documents to find the eligibility or non-eligibility for loan. Time of each of the functionary that examines your case has its own cost which the bank pays in the shape of salary or fee to consultants/ legal advisors, etc.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 November 2017

Very practical and pragmatic reply by Mr. Jigyasu.

Further, since the property was registered in your Mother's name also, upon her death, her share in the property will go by way of succession to her sons/daughters and her husband.  Therefore, your mere deleting her name in the HDFC bank and undertaking to repay the loan amount to HDFC is not enough.  It us your misunderstanding that SBI is harassing you!  That is because of your lack of understanding of the legal provisions.

(Guest)

@ Shri Ramachandran,

Thank you for your appreciation, Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register