PREPARING FOR CRIMINAL CASES ?
Preparation for a criminal case as stated by prosecution
1. Date of Incident/whether any dispute.
2. Date of filing of FIR.
3. Person filing FIR.
4. Name and number of accused persons named in the FIR, or
5. Nature of offences alleged in the FIR and the charges
6. Any recovery made under Section 27 of the Indian Evidence
7. Statements under Section 161 of the Cr.P.C.
8. Whether the accused kept in police custody/judicial custody
and for what period?
9. The prosecution witnesses.
(a) eye witness, if any
(b) interested witnesses/charged witnesses
(c) expert witnesses, if any, including doctor
(d) police as witness
10. FSL report, post mortem report and other documentary
11. Was any prosecution witness declared hostile?
12. Weapons used if any and nature of the weapons, including
13. Nature of injuries caused.
14. Case of circumstantial evidence or direct evidence.
15. Statements under Section 313 of the Cr.P.C. to the accused.
16. Any confessional statement, including extra-judicial
confession, confession of co-accused persons, confession
before Magistrate under Section 164 of the Cr.P.C.
17. Analysis of the prosecution witnesses and finding of
18. Scrutiny of Trial Court judgment.