LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

friends (Professional)     25 August 2010

Please Advice


Hi, I am a Contractor, the turnover of my contract receipt for the A.,.2009-10. is 22 Lakhs, i do not maintain any kind of books of account yet, I have a current account in the name of my firms.


My two brothers are also in the same business in the same name, and they have made equal transaction in my current, account total bank transaction crossed 65 lakhs,


Recently i have contacted a C.A. for my this A.y.10-11year account because it has crossed 40 lakhs, and he registered my PAN for 26AS and founded that,  there is a TDS 144000.00  for A.Y.2009-10, Which i have already returned the file according to my exact income.

Where i have claimed the TDS Refund according to my  exact income 22lakhs, 

but now the CA saying that we can claim the TDS refund according to the 26AS after deducting the Income Tax payable as 44AD for A.Y. 2009-09, but i have already claimed the refund according to my actual income. 

He is saying no need to go for the Audit and revised of the return.

My friend says, it is must that i have to go for the revise of the return and Audit,

I am confused now, please suggest me which is the best way to come out from this.




 3 Replies

Chiranjiva Ranjan (Advocate and Tax Consultant)     25 August 2010

 It will better to file revised return on the same set of Gross Recept of Rs.22 lakhs For claiming refund for the A.Y.-2009-10. Any return can be revised within a year or passing of Assessemnt order. In your case, You could not claimed T.D.S. due unaviodable circumstance and therefore You can rectified / revised your return and can claimed refund of Rs.1,44,000/- for the A.Y.-2009-10


Chiranjiva Ranjan,

Advocate for Income Tax

1 Like

friends (Professional)     26 August 2010

Thanks for your valuable advice, one more thing if i am going revised return then, is that i would have to do the audit. 

Please advice 

Chiranjiva Ranjan (Advocate and Tax Consultant)     27 August 2010

No. one important point is that Your gross receipt is less than 40 lakhs i.e. 22 lakhs which does not require audit . You got knowalege  about TDS - 26AS   on the site about Rs.1,44.000/- . At this stage Your  hav e to  file revised return through internet on the same site and claimed refund as per provison of the Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query