LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sajith (partner)     25 June 2014

Petrol pump lease in kerala

My grandfather leased out about 8000 sq feet of premises to M/s Esso Caltex to start a petrol pump in 1946.The company later became Hindustan Petroleum Corpn Ltd.The lease was renewed in 1968 for another ten years.My grandfather passed away in 1972 and my father became the legal heir.My father though signed a dealership agreement with the company in 1982 didnt renew the lease on land.My father passed away in 2009 and myself and my mother being the only legal heirs inherited the property and business.I havent signed the dealership agreement so far though the business is running as usual.Off late i started recieving messages from the company that if i fail to renew the lease and dealership the company is going to acquire the property as they have the right according to the 1968 lease which is under kerala buildings lease  and rent control act 0f 1965.The propertys' possession certificate is in our name as well as the tax reciept is issued in our name.I cant remember receiving a rupee as rent in my fathers name since 1980s .Is it that easy for a tenant with an expired document which is 46 years old to take away a prime property without any legal protection to rightful owner of the property.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register