Firstly i would like to thank the experts on this forum who responded for my private message(PM).
@member12345 , how can u say that she obtained it forcibly? and ur first sentence itself speaks that knowingly,willfully husband ha suppressed the fact which is within his knowledge. and his complaint itself to police is given thru furnishing wrong information. so how can he blame police.
So for every thing we keep and forget ,cm we go to police and report that it is "lost"?
And do you think the persons sitting there in courts cannot understand what would have happened?
As per our lawyers opinion ,
1) he would have asked for it through court when he knows it is with his wife.
2)moreover even if he says he forgot , it is for him to prove it , because passport is document having legal sanctity attached to it and a person cannot be ignorant of it.
3) My advocate also says that in view of the marital disputes between wife ans husband, the act of husband shall be presumed to be a fraudulent act, and also casts a opinion that he had cheated the honouarble court , because facts are gathered from the circumstances that were then prevailing.
4) He further says that husband's passport can be impounded by passport authorities and that he can be sentenced to imprisoment as per provisions of the passport act .
5) My advocate further says , at the first instance, his passport can be seized , and impounded and his bail can also be cancelled. And later his "MEMORY TEST" is taken.
6) My lawyer further said that he cannot do anything to my sister as he has told the court of law that he lost it and now burden is actually on him to show that he did not do a dishonest, fraudlent act wifully.
now you tell me i keep 5lakhs with my friend that i will take it later, i know it is with him, and since v r not in good terms he didnt bother to give it back to me n without bothering to ask him can i go and file complaint in police station that i lost it in transit. won't it amount to furnishing false information to a public official knowing it and believing it to be false , which is offence under ipc?
Anyway the expert opinion i have received on this forum also says its a clear cut case of fraud. i would like to know whether my advocate is right?