LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K.Jameel Ahmed (Founder cum Exec.Director)     13 September 2010

Parents rights with children

Q:1:--While children become "major", does the biological parents loose their control? Because it is said in our "Indian Society", the major children are not to abide or controlled by  their biological parents. What our "Indian Societal or Family Law" advise on this matter?

Q:2:--Who are the members of a family? does the elder too?(example:Son or Daughter, their Parents, Children)? 

Learning

2 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 September 2010

Answer 1 I am not able to understand what you mean by "control" it has many meanings. Parents/guardians have legal control to the extent of the well being, upbringing of children till they are adults. Under no circumstances that "control" extends to violate the rights of children as humans. Once children are adults, they are free to decide their future as any adults. Of course parents/gaurdians can maintain so called "control" on strength of their relationship as humans with the children after they become adults. It all depends on how much they have invested emotionally in their child with child from day one.

Answer 2 As far as I can think of, law does not define or dictate what is family.

If I am wrong for anything above, Ld. members can correct me.

K.Jameel Ahmed (Founder cum Exec.Director)     14 September 2010

The "Family Law" means what? to whom it concern? How can it be defined for a normal citizen or a member of a family? It is more important to explain the rights of the each member of the family? There is lot of confusion in a family set up? Many doesn't know about their rights within the family? Because of this reason, many disputes arises  among and within a husband,wife, minor and major children and their parents . So it is very urgent need to explain the real set up of the rights of the family members ! The media like cinema, TV seriels too confuses much. Why there is no clear difinition about a family? Does the family means "a husband, wife and their children" why not the parents of that husband and wife included? In a combined family itself, this question not clearly answered?  Can any expert could explain about this with a brief explanation?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register