LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N Omprakash   24 October 2021

Paralytic person

How can a paralytic person, bed ridden, cannot talk properly, cannot sign can approach court and file case for immoveable property disputes in the family. Can one of the sons represent. Kindly advise, Thank you.


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 October 2021

A duly registered specific power of attorney may serve your purpose and contact a local advocate, who can advise you properly, as there is such a way.

Anusha Singh   25 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information about how to fight the case on behalf of your father when he is not in a condition to do so.

Since your father is medically ill, you can always represent your father by taking special power of attorney (since your father cannot speak, he can express his consent to grant you special power of attorney) and you can appear based on the special power of attorney granted by your father.

General power of attorney gives broad powers to your attorney-in-fact. These powers can include:

Handling financial and business transactions

Buying life insurance

Settling claims

Operating business interests

Making gifts

Employing professional help

A general power of attorney gives broad power to your agent to handle many affairs.

General POA is an effective tool if you will be out of the country and need someone to handle certain matters, or when you are physically or mentally incapable of managing your affairs. A general POA is often included in an estate plan to make sure someone can handle financial matters.

A general power of attorney is an overarching POA that gives attorney-in-fact power relating to financial decisions.

You can get the POA registered and can represent him in the Court for the dispute. 

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2021

Please post the material facts than posting a riddle. 

N Omprakash   27 October 2021

Sir, It is not a riddle.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 October 2021

If so, post complete facts. what do you mean by "immoveable property disputes in the family"?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register