LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Optic Globe (Nothing)     04 September 2014

Need of presence of advocate

When it is clear that the case is only going to be adjourned, and no proceeding like witness examination, cross examination, arguments etc is going to take place, is it mandatory that Advocate holding Vakalath should be present in Court in such a Case date ? Isn't the personal presence of concerned Party enough in such a Case date ? Advocate & Clerk should be paid on each Case Date for mere appearance, even if  no work like examination, cross examination, arguments etc is done . Could that expense be avoided by personal presence of concerned party ?

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     04 September 2014

if the Advocate is well aware in advance of a day. then usually advocates do avoid going before that judge or magistrate, if the client is personally attending on that day. Else advocate not being aware of court not sitting cannot be asked to forego his professional fees after he is coming all the way to court.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 September 2014

• A person / party filing a case, May also represent their own case personally in any court.

• However, due to lack of knowledge of Law and Technical Procedures, Lawyers are engaged to report the interest of parties.

• Vakalatnama", is a document, by which the party filing the case authorizes the Advocate to represent on their behalf.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     04 September 2014

Hi

What do you exactly mean when you say that nothing important is happening! Every part of the case is as important than the other.

You must strike a deal with the lawyer if you suffer that extra cost OR find one who can give you the Deal.

If I were to handle my case, I would not miss a single hearing, It reflects in the Order.

Regards

Chetan Joshi 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register