LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh sharma   08 January 2018

Need help on 22 years of service

I work for mnc for last 22 years. On 29th of Dec my boss calls me for my final appraisal review and states that I should look for some other job with baseless allegations like target not met and other activities not done. Today I am 42 years old I have a family to run and lot of emi pressure on head. I am the only earning member of family and my total expenses is around 1.40 lace per month. In pharmacy sales finding job at manager level is very tough. please help me here can I ask for 2 years salary as financial security for my family looking into the challenges I mentioned.

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2018

refer to terms of apppintment.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 January 2018

Removing service without calling for explanation is against principles of natural justice.  It is not that easy to immediately dismiss any employee from organisation.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rakesh sharma
I work for mnc for last 22 years. On 29th of Dec my boss calls me for my final appraisal review and states that I should look for some other job with baseless allegations like target not met and other activities not done. Today I am 42 years old I have a family to run and lot of emi pressure on head. I am the only earning member of family and my total expenses is around 1.40 lace per month. In pharmacy sales finding job at manager level is very tough. please help me here can I ask for 2 years salary as financial security for my family looking into the challenges I mentioned.

What to say for two years, ASKING even for life long financial security for your family is not banned. You can ask even moon for you and your family. BUT all depends upon acceptance of your demand by the managementthat too if provisions would have been included in the terms of your employment. You may check, if any provision of "financial security" for your "family" was included in that at the time of your employment?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Removing service without calling for explanation is against principles of natural justice.  It is not that easy to immediately dismiss any employee from organisation.

@ Shri G.L.N. Prasad,

The querist has not sought any help against his termination, but help about 2 years of salary as financial security for his family, as is revealed clearly from his catagorical question, "please help me here can I ask for 2 years salary as financial security for my family looking into the challenges".

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2018

Agreeing wth Mr jigyasu I can add that his boss seems to be a compassionate person who advised him well beofere the commencement of notice period to look for a job seeing prospects of his not being able to continue in this company.

He probably knows why he has to leave and wants two years salary (he did nto mention about gratuity / PF etc) with no provision for the same.

Further his company is not reposible for the EMI he has facing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register