LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny Kumar (service)     16 December 2021

My wife has cheated on me but i want to save my marriage

  I got married to a lady in 2005 year in Delhi NCR, this marriage was arranged. All of a sudden on 4 months back she and my 12-year daughter left the house and went to their parent's house in a different city and file a mental harassment complaint into lady police thane there so I could contact her through police counseling but she does not want to face me and don't want to stay with me. she says she does not want to talk about that, Her 82 years old parents are not supporting me for their benefit, she said I read your diary where you wrote that you are depressed and taken my diary as evidence. actually few pages were written by me about our daily life as per advice by my doctor because I am having an IBS health issue, I cannot believe what disaster has happened to me, I still want to get her back in my life, forgive her but he is adamant and does not want to stay with me anymore and I have no solid reason to it as to why? I am alone and have no parents and I am very emotional, Her salary is 3 times more than mine. My blind trust and faith and my foolishness have to lead me here. My life is completely ruined. I do not know what to do now? Please help me.  

Read more at:


 6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 December 2021

If you have waited patiently for atleast 3 months, enabling wife to think of herself and kid's future, contact a local advocate for further remedy by filing RCR.

If she is not willing to come to you, as she is having responsibilities towards 82 years aged parents and a very good job, get a mutual consent divorce.

The choice is left to you.

Anaita Vas   16 December 2021

1) You can issue a legal notice to your wife to return to her matrimonial home.

2) If she does not reply to the legal notice, file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. 

3) Please note that even if you get a decree, you cannot force your wife to stay with you.

4) You can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty.

If you have decided to divorce her then go for Mutual Consent Divorce, as your wife is also agreeable for MCD and before that you make your stand very clear to her that you will be the custodian of your daughter after divorce. Whether you want to pay her maintenance/compensation etc is left to your decision. Your wife can not claim share in your mother's house after divorce.



Anaita Vas


P. Venu (Advocate)     16 December 2021

What is the relevance of the link given at the bottom -

"Read more at:"


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 December 2021

It is the system reference the artificial intelligence in the system finds that a similar query is earlier available as reply more or less similar to the present query, the system directs the member to go to those replies also.  In many forums posting of a similar query by the same member or in some other name, this direction exposes such repeated queries on the same issue.  Members can also provide such past replies and provide links to help needy members reply expeditiously..

Sunny Kumar (service)     17 December 2021

But i don't want to divorce. so how to convinicence my wife. i am ready to stay with her and her parents anywhere.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     17 December 2021

Unfortunately, you cannot go against her will. You should either stay alone or look for new life partner and start live-in-relationship.

secondly, you may follow the following link if she files any maintenance case. Keep her copy of salary slip, proof of income handy as proof that she has income source. Otherwise maintenance can be awarded from your hard earned money.

You may file perjury if you found that she has file contradictory statements or you have valid prove to disprove her along with your WS in the same court. Details is given below link -

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query