FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zilch Entertainment   18 August 2020

Mental Harrasment

I was in relationship with a girl for 7 months and we have had s*xual relationship as well. Now she does not want to get married as her family is against our relationship. I am mentally very upset and have been into counseling sessions and also consulted psycriatrist. I even lost my job because of the mental upheaval. Now I want to file a mental harassment case against her. Please suggest


 9 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     18 August 2020

What is mental harassment. Is there any Yardstick to measure it.

How can you prove that a person has mentally harassed you. What evidence do you have to establish  the mental Harassment. There exists no legal remedy for broke up cases.

There is no provision in law which deals with mental Harassment.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 August 2020

Tell them that you have s*xual related to her. They will agree for your marriage with her.

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     18 August 2020

Relationship is an emotional attachment between persons with free consent and even physical act is a part of it. you cannot force any one to marry you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 August 2020

The facts posted suggests no mental harassment, but only your mental/emotional inadequacies. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 August 2020

@ Zilch Entertainment,

You can not compel the lady to marry you. No case is made out for harassments.

Consult a local psychiatrist for proper advise and treatment.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 August 2020

To engage in premarital or extramarital s*xbefore or outside of marriage, is to sin in God's sight. So talk to her and her parents for happy live in your life.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 August 2020


You cannot compel girl to marry you because you have s*xual relation with her. As per your query there is no harassment by her. She can take her decision as per her will and wish you can only try to convince her. 

monu sah   20 August 2020

rama chary G अगर यही काम किसी लड़की के साथ होता तो complain filed कर सकती और मैरिज करने का दावा करती but लड़का के साथ हुआ तो कुछ नही बेचार का जॉब चलागया वो mental हो गया वो मानहानि का दावा कर सकता है और compensation पा सकता है।

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2020

Feel Lucky.


Do not venture on your plan.  She still can file "N" number of complaints  in which some non-bailable sections can also be attracted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query