LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (advocate)     17 May 2012

Maintenance to wife

dear members,

husband obtained decree for annulment of marriage u/s.12(1)(c) of hindu marriage act while the petition filed by wife u/s125 crpc is pending.Now my question is,whether the wife is entitled to maintenance from her husband after the marriage is annuled? An appeal has been preffered against the decree of annulement which is pending.kindly give your views and judgements........


 3 Replies

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     17 May 2012

Annulment of marriage is a good defense to resist award of  maintenance u/s 125 CrPC as long as it is not set aside in appeal. 

Vishwa (translator)     17 May 2012

No marriage, no maintenance!

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 May 2012

Wife is not entitled to get maintenance u/s 125 of Cr.P.CIn case decree for annulment of marriage has been passed by court .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register