LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reddyb   11 September 2015

Maintanance under section 24 in divorce petion

Dear Sir/Madam,

I filed divorce case in Bangalore family court on Cruelty and adultery, in return she filed total 5 cases against me and my family members, ( 498A, Domestic Violence, RCR, Maintanance) ....I am paying for Police, courts, bails, bank loans / EMIs .....My salary it self is not suffiecient to maintain my self. She filed Section 24 in Divorce petition stating that she wants 50,000 rupees per month to maintain her self. Now i am not in position to maintain my self, to contest cases.

Clearly my wife plan is to settle with her lover with my montly maintanance, Kindly suggest me what should i do ..I am very difficult situvation...



 8 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     11 September 2015

Prove adultery and she will not be entitled to maintenance.  Till you prove that, she can get interim maintenance under Section 24, unless you prove that she is earning substantially.

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     21 September 2015

If the adultery is proved, then then there is no need to pay maintenance.

amaresh   21 September 2015

Proving Adultry is very difficult, but as a victim like you, please gather all the information as early as possible.

Vishwanadham Tademeti   22 September 2015

Try to gather proofs of Adultery as well as her sources of income. How she is maintaining her self if that is proved it is easy for you. In addition establish her cruelty citing her withdrawal from cohabitation. Then you will win . Vishwanadham Tademeti Advocate

Jothish Kumar (Consultant)     22 September 2015

Also engage a good Detective agency , they will  gather evidence for you. In maintenance case , do submit a statement of income and expenditure before the Hon'ble FC court Court will consider it before passing the interim order.

1 Like

Jothish Kumar (Consultant)     22 September 2015

Get her IT return  through RTI. Google "RTI to get IT return of Spouse . you will get plenty.

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     23 September 2015

try to prove her illicite relation with before court . at the time of hearing produce your in come tax return certificate and sum up about all cases have been filed against you 971794 (Advocate)     25 September 2015

Most of the ladies are on punishing mode to,their husband.  Act on the advice of other penalists 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register