LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishor kohinoor   14 January 2018

Limitation act

Sir I have purchased a plot 40X60' in the year 2004 .after that some quarell between owners brothers case is settled in the year 2010,after that i have mutation carried out by city munciplal corporation and paid the tax till today .but some one came and made fencing on my plot and saying i have registered plot in the year 1972.according to Ec his name appearing as correcetion deed in the year 1984 .At the time of registration owner shown EC in that Ec no activities carried out (2004) .Now I applied Ec from 1975 to 2017 in that Ec his name is appearing. 1) Limitation act can help for me? 2) can i apply for house constuction permission? 3) He can go for civil case? 4) He can sell the plot? 5) if i file civil suit against him any problem for limitation act? After he purchased the plot 1972 not carried out any activity,neither mitataion nor tax paid.


 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.


Had you obtained legal opinion from day 1 of the land/plot you could have saved your hard earned monies. 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2018

The previous owner/title holder has come and fenced the plot.

The plot was not acquired by the authority for not paying taxes?

Your seller may not agree to refund the money to you! 

Approach in person a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having a successful track record………in such matters....

1 Like

Preetam Thakur (MHA)     14 January 2018

It is a very serious and complex issue! You must find a counsel of unshakable repute and vast experience in property and civil cases.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 January 2018

Who is in possession/occupation of the plot? What is the nature of encumbrance shown by the correction deed?

kishor kohinoor   16 January 2018

Form no.16 ,no transactions shown but form no.15 EC correction deeds showing?

kishor kohinoor   20 January 2018

Limitation act can help for me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query