LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavita prakash patil   30 January 2023

legal heir certificate

person died in Nov 2022, and the company asked his family for legal heirship certificate in their company format for insurance claim. my question is whether I can take this certificate?

Learning

9 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 January 2023

you can get LR certificate from tehsil office and you can ask them to attest the Company's formatted certificate, there is no ambiguity in that.

Rakhi Banerjee Advocate (lawyer)     30 January 2023

Yes you can obtain it from your local authority in company format.

Shashi Dhara   30 January 2023

THe  deceased has not mentioned nominee clarify it.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 January 2023

A legal heir certificate can be obtained.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 January 2023

If you are legal heir of deceased then you can apply for legal heirship certificate .

sahithi reddy   31 January 2023

There is no ambiguity in that; you can obtain an LR certificate from the tehsil office and ask them to attest for the prepared certificate of the Company.

Kavita prakash patil   01 February 2023

thanks for replying me....I went to tahsildar office , they said that only govt employees are getting legal heirship certificate from them...and that person worked in L &T put. Ltd company as a contract based

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 February 2023

The Tahsil Office is wrong. You apply for it than indlging in across the table discussions. Let them give their reply in writing.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 February 2023

Is this life insurance claim from an insurance company?  Generally insurance companies ask you to make nomination at the time of taking out the insurance policy or if there was a disruption of the nomination later such as assignment of the policy. Under the recently amended insurance act, the nominee will be the ultimate beneficial nominee if he or she was one of the relatives specified under the Act, of the deceased insured. So only the identity of the nominee and evidence of his/her relationship to the deceased are necessary. Before this amendment only legal heirs of the deceased could claim the insurance amount notwithstanding any nomination and legal heir certificate was necessary. If there was no nomination, or the nomination made was not valid for any reason, legal heir certificate would be required. Legal heir certificate is same as succession certificate. It is advisable to contact a lawyer dealing in such matters and apply for the same to the court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register