LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepchand (afdsf)     29 March 2010

Law from Distinct education

Is it possible to pursue law from a distinct education. If so, please let me know which universities are offering this courses.

Thanks in Advance !!

Learning

12 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     29 March 2010

You cannot.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     30 March 2010

No you cannot Bar council doesnt recognise such colleges if any only regular colleges to my knowledge even evening colleges are scrapped (in A.P it is so)

Bharat Bhushan (advocate)     31 March 2010

Although u can pursue LL.B acedemic of two years from Jammu University and some other university, but u can't practise law. LL.B professional is not possible through distance mode.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     11 April 2010

The need of the hour is to re-introduce Evening College education and Bar Council should amend its rules for Registration and recognition of such Law course.  WE NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE SOCIETY AT LARGE

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     11 April 2010

Fully agreed. The evening courses should be continued. Moreover the BCI should recognise quality distance education course (in line with CA/ CS/ ICWA/ AMIE etc). It is proven truth that the quality of education in CA/ CS/ ICWA/ AMIE etc is better than many regular University courses.

The only criteria should be quality - be it in morning, day, evening or distance.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 April 2010

I think quality of the course will depend on how the teaching afaculty is, how is the library or how much hours of teacheing per week is conducted. Evening colleges does not work in confirmity with the specifications of BCI rules relating to the curriculum. BCI advises colleges to take up 30hrs of teaching per week. There should be practical session which includes conveyancing and argumentation work. Students should visit advocate's pffice for 6 months and get cetified by them from them. College should conduct moot court comeptitions to improve the skills of advocacy among students. They should organise guest lectures from reputed people working in various fields of law. I do not think evening colleges can afford the quality education expected by BCI and hence not recognise by it. In CA, CS and ICWA and AMIE cannot be compared with legal profession. Here, the practical aspects are equally important along with theorotical knowledge.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     11 April 2010

I disagree with Ms.Suchitra to some extent.  I am afraid as to how much quality law education is rendered in Day colleges in the country.  Proxies for attendence, pseudo moot court sessions, skiping of classes, poor quality of libraries, hypothetical practical sessions are the features of the present day law education in the country which BCI is fully aware.  That cannot be the sole criteria for registration.  To address this issue, BCI must recognize all reputed law univerities which offer distant education which is supported by web class sessions where students must be made to interact effectively through internet.  Law profession is more serious and purposely to the upliftment of society than that of CA/CS/ICWAI/AMIE practisioners.

SS (VP)     12 April 2010

Hi everybody,

If you take my case after working for 20 years after my engineering / MBA degree, I am pursuing a BGL course.  I was told that this course would not help me to become a legal professional, but will definetly be of use to me as a person and in handling corporate matters. 

I agree to a large extent with Mr. Loganathan and believe that there would not be any harm in admitting the right people to BCI be it from regular/ evening/ dist, ance education colleges. I think BCi should have an entrance test to qualify and not automatic recognition.

There could be entry bar to the judiciary  but not as such for practice.  No doubt Law is a noble profession. The only goal of recognition is to maintain the dignity of the profession and be intolerant towards whoever acts in amanner to bring disrepute. Today we see many lawyers in a poor light in public.

Regards

SS

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     12 April 2010

With all due respect I strongly agree as well as disagree with Ms. Suchitra. Yes CA/ CS/ ICWA/ AMIE can not be compared with LLB as it would amount to comparisn between apple and orrange. All the courses including LLB are tough and demanding and neither of the course can be taken as superior to the others. Since I have done both LLB and CS, I can share my experience that both the courses require quality knowledge coupled with practical experience. In fact the requirement of practical training under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 is more than the requirement of LLB course (15 months management training+ 15 days training in the office of ROC+15 days Management Skill Orientation Program). The things are similar for CA and ICWA (I can't comment on AMIE as I have very shallow knowledge about it).

If all these high profile courses can be conducted through distance education there should be no reason for non recognitation of  LLB  through distance education or through evening colleges.

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     19 July 2010

BCI should introduce Evening colleges for studying LLB to employees

lakiaalpha20 (madurai)     20 July 2010

All the courses including LLB are tough and demanding and neither of the course can be taken as superior to the others. Since I have done both LLB and CS, I can share my experience that both the courses require quality knowledge coupled with practical experience. In fact the requirement of practical training under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 is more than the requirement of LLB course (15 months management training+ 15 days training in the office of ROC+15 days Management Skill Orientation Program).

[url]=https://www.online-insurance-quotes.org] Free Insurance Quotes [/url]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register