LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAYANTA BANERJEE (ADVOCATE )     11 April 2009

IS ESIC IS MANDATORY

CAN YOU ADVISE WHETHER ESIC IS MANDATORY IS SHOPS AND FACTORIES. CAN AN EMPLOYER BE PENALISED FRO NOT GIVING ESIC IF HE IS GIVING GROUP INSURANCE AND OTHER MEDICAL COVERAGE TO HIS EMPLOYEES

Learning

5 Replies

Keshav (HR)     13 April 2009

Hi, ESIC is compulsory for all employees whose gross salary is less than Rs.10001/- Per month.Any other insurance can be additional socila security to employee but its not a staturity liability.ESIC contributions are as following... Employee contribution is 1.75% on gross salary. Employee contribution is 4.75% on gross salary. as per ESIC act its employer liability to deduct the employees contribution from their salary and pay the amount along with employer contribution by 20th of every month in bank.Also every six months employeer needs to submit half yearly returns along with paid challans. Contribution periods are: 1st October 2008 to 31st March 2009 -- Returns submission date on or before 12th May 2009. 1st April 2009 to 30th September 2009 -- Returns submission date on or before 12th November 2009. Please mail(rreddygk@yahoo.co.in) me if you require any further help in this regard.. Regards, Keshav Reddy.

Keshav (HR)     13 April 2009

Hi, ESIC is compulsory for all employees whose gross salary is less than Rs.10001/- Per month.Any other insurance can be additional socila security to employee but its not a staturity liability.ESIC contributions are as following... Employee contribution is 1.75% on gross salary. Employer contribution is 4.75% on gross salary. as per ESIC act its employer liability to deduct the employees contribution from their salary and pay the amount along with employer contribution by 20th of every month in bank.Also every six months employeer needs to submit half yearly returns along with paid challans. Contribution periods are: 1st October 2008 to 31st March 2009 -- Returns submission date on or before 12th May 2009. 1st April 2009 to 30th September 2009 -- Returns submission date on or before 12th November 2009. Please mail(rreddygk@yahoo.co.in) me if you require any further help in this regard.. Regards, Keshav Reddy.

Kesavaraor (HR)     30 May 2013

Hi

We are about 15 to 20 employees working on webdevelopment online marketing company at Secunderabad. I would like to know that we could not deduct any ESI contribution from the employees for the last 2 years and we have not registered with ESI and for the employees safety we were paying Rs.2,00,000/- per year (Two lakhs ) health insurance policy to each employee.

We have now registered ESI from April 2013 and started deducting from employees 1.75% and Company`s 4.75% and depositing  online.  The ESI inspector is about to visit our office for inspection,  and is it needed to pay arears  for the last 2 years the ESI contribution though we have not deducted and not implemented ESI,  ( the company is registered in 2010 and about 20 people were working since then).

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Kesavarao

HR    

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2013

violation of each law is punishable

Kesavaraor (HR)     04 June 2013

I think the sentence "violation of each law is punishable"  does not makes any sense here, against the above qauerry.

An absolute   right  solution is expected here and not  the law points  or rules, please.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register