Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Irritated with frequent power cuts,wife seeks divorce

Page no : 3

**Victim** (job)     18 July 2011

"Then what is the solution?

Is the husband finding any solution? "

Originally posted by Princess --------- Princess as you already saw in the forum husband has already filed a petition so that there won't any breakdown of marriage........

Let me ask you is her husband  liable for powercut ? I guess not  ! Is he responsible to find any solution ? I guess not !

Why should he has to leave his parents house ? This women is just finding an excuse to leave her matrimonial house that's all.

And let me tell u not everybody in india is wealthy and not everyone able to fullfill their dreams..........there are crores of people still struggling to survive and this miserable women is arguing for powercut.

As clearly mentioned by Ms. Liberal if court grants this particular divorce due to powercut reason then there will be lot of womens in future misuing law with their demands.

We can have this debate one on one and it will be never ending. Why don't you admit that powercut shouldn't be the reason for divorce ?

(Guest)

I fully admit it must not be divorce ground.Nor do I justify her action of filing for divorce.

But keep in mind she sent him the notice ONLY AFTER he complained in the PS against her.Their life was smooth before this power failure for 5 years.Kindly note this aspect!

I am just speaking from psychology point of view;not necessarily the legal viewpoint.

When you are kept hungry for many days,say for example,you do not think of in-laws,husband,share,care,etc.You become so miserable that when you come to know there is food elsewhere,you run to that place.God has made all living beings,including humans like that.We Indians do not respect this "animal instict",which we all are born with,and which we all show,when confronted with problems pertaining to basic needs like food,water,air,etc.

Why we don't respect this instinct?

We Indians have been extreeemmmmmmmeeeeeeeelyyyyyy   tolerant of all injustice,misery,etc,etc.

So we have chosen to live in deplorable conditions forever.NOR DO WE DO ANYTHING TO CORRECT IT,OR FIND ANY ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION,LIKE THIS HUSBAND.

So if anyone,like this woman,stands up and says that she cannot live under these conditions any further,she is seen as a rebel.

Long back,a VIP from another country(don't remember which one) visited Delhi for a few days.While returning she called Delhi a "dirty city".

Instead of admitting we are indeed dirty people,most Delhites started condemning her words,by singing the glory of ancient rich Indian culture which she should have appreciated.Even though this culture does not exist any more.But no one tried to understand things from her view,as she belongs to a cleaner place.Nor did we take steps to make Delhi a clean city.So we continue to remain the way we are.Now singing another glory "INDIA IS A SUPERPOWER".

@ Princess ---- I noticed you have given some examples scientific point of view as well as psycological point of view but let's not forget our main issue which is "Divorce due to powercut". Mrs chandra should have resolve this issue rather then approaching court and creating drama. Divorce due to powercut can't be possible. Anyway it is also very true that since india is considered a powerful country they should not overlook each and every comments passed by foreigners or issues which would result due to incovenience of daily comforts.

I don't think wife was kept hungry here it is human tendency itself under which if one can't adjust themselves they will migrate for better comforts with several excuses. In this case inconveneince occured to husband since his wife is not cooperating but once again where that excuse came from " Why should her husband leave her parents house ?"  She has clearly mentioned that husband should live in Patna - Bihar only at that point  she is willing to continue.  Can you find a legitimate answer for me ? Why she chose Patna and not other city in order to enjoy her daily comforts ? Although she has her own fundamental rights and no one is forcing her to live in Suburb area where there is no electricity.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Victim
"

Mrs chandra should have resolve this issue rather then approaching court and creating drama.

How should she resolve?I am you asking again and again,why the husband doesnt cooperate in resolving this.Somehow you are not replying to this.She has to resolve with the husband.Yes or no?

Divorce due to powercut can't be possible.

I know it won't be.But she may not return to husband if he does not find solution to this.So court also cannot force her to return to him.You are not admitting that the husband is also too rigid and adamant.Giving comfort to the wife and vice versa is every spouse's responsibility.And this is a very basic need she is demanding.Not anything royal.

Anyway it is also very true that since india is considered a powerful country they should not overlook each and every comments passed by foreigners or issues which would result due to incovenience of daily comforts.

Who told you India is a powerful country!!!!!!

Our critics tell us our faults.Not our friends.Now you also singing the glory of India being a powerful country,ignoring its flaws.Bihar is facing a major power crisi.This is what we are discussing in this thread also.Yet during these discussions you call India powerful.It's a sad joke..

Also,why should we overlook reality of Delhi-India pointed out by a foreigner?I am a Delhite too.And I say openly,it is a very dirty city indeed,except a FEW VIP areas.

I don't think wife was kept hungry here

I never said this.I just gave an example of our basic needs like food and water.

it is human tendency itself under which if one can't adjust themselves they will migrate for better comforts with several excuses.

So you finally admit that this is animal/human instinct which we are born with.If we suppress these instincts,we can go mad or die.ery basic comforts.Since she doesn't want to get mad,she is seeking her  very basic comforts.

Why should her husband leave her parents house ?" 

This is rigidity.Her parents are also his parents.There is no harm if he stays for a few days in inlaws' house.It will not make a him a ghar jamai :)

We need to come out of this mindset that husband should not move anywhere,if his parents are around.He is grown up.Can take decisions independently.Also he can bring along his parents,if they mind him going alone.

Why she chose Patna and not other city in order to enjoy her daily comforts ?

It's nearby.Maybe that is the reason.She may not have any relatives in any other town.By chance,if I get her ph. no.,I will ask her and let you know.

Although she has her own fundamental rights and no one is forcing her to live in Suburb area where there is no electricity.

Yes,you admit that she has the right to live comfortably,and peacefully.Rather everyone has,including you & me.Marriage should not put a full stop on one's fundamental right,as long as it is not immoral.

"
1 Like

How should she resolve?I am you asking again and again,why the husband doesnt cooperate in resolving this.Somehow you are not replying to this.She has to resolve with the husband.Yes or no?

Princess - You are not reading my prior post ......i already mentioned that both husband and wife has to resolve this issue.

I know it won't be.But she may not return to husband if he does not find solution to this.So court also cannot force her to return to him.You are not admitting that the husband is also too rigid and adamant.Giving comfort to the wife and vice versa is every spouse's responsibility.And this is a very basic need she is demanding.Not anything royal

Princess it's not about fulfulling her demand if she gets what so ever she wants there will be new revolution under which womens will leave their matrimonial house for funny reasons. If she is paranoid about her comforts she better start making money so that she can get what she want ?

You are not answering my question as well Is husband liable for her comforts ? (here especially buying inverter or taking her to hill station or making sure she gets shower everyday ?)

Our critics tell us our faults.Not our friends.Now you also singing the glory of India being a powerful country,ignoring its flaws.Bihar is facing a major power crisi.This is what we are discussing in this thread also.Yet during these discussions you call India powerful.It's a sad joke..

Also,why should we overlook reality of Delhi-India pointed out by a foreigner?I am a Delhite too.And I say openly,it is a very dirty city indeed,except a FEW VIP areas.

@ Princess for your kind information i never make my assumption based on critics----i say what i see and i still stand on what i said earlier........India is powerful.......Bihar has powercut then once again everyone is suffering do u see any one coming out of house saying that she wants divorce for powercut ? In short evryone should get together and do something about it. And for instance if womens have decided that this the only solution by giving divorce they will get electricity then this is a big miscoception.

So you finally admit that this is animal/human instinct which we are born with.If we suppress these instincts,we can go mad or die.ery basic comforts.Since she doesn't want to get mad,she is seeking her  very basic comforts.

Womens fall in human category and if they don't want to get mad they should start working and making money. Husbands are not liable for this madness

This is rigidity.Her parents are also his parents.There is no harm if he stays for a few days in inlaws' house.It will not make a him a ghar jamai :)

We need to come out of this mindset that husband should not move anywhere,if his parents are around.He is grown up.Can take decisions independently.Also he can bring along his parents,if they mind him going alone.

U r changing track completely husbands don't mind to be ghar jamai matter of fact we would love to be ghar jamai there are lot of comforts and pleasure being ghar jamai.

But here the problem is wife is clearly saying leave ur parents house in short she is asking him to leave his parents. Let me tell u upfront it is not going to happen no one is going to leave their parents.....if she wants him to go to patna she better make arrangements for her inlaws as well because after all this is what she wants ?

It's nearby.Maybe that is the reason.She may not have any relatives in any other town.By chance,if I get her ph. no.,I will ask her and let you know.

I will be waiting on this answer and first and foremost this will be priority question.

Yes,you admit that she has the right to live comfortably,and peacefully.Rather everyone has,including you & me.Marriage should not put a full stop on one's fundamental right,as long as it is not immoral.

she is already seeking divorce coz of her fundamental rights...........go ahead Mrs. Chandra fight for electricity fight for divorce fight for alimony fight for everything let's see what u r getting here ?

@ Princess how can u judge a powerful country with it's cleanliness ? If the powerful country has to be clean then let me give you one wonderful example here - I live in united states and i am U.S. Citizen

and every morning there will be a cleaning held on each sides of street-------now along with cleaning there is also a law enforcement officer which will make sure that if ur vehicle is parked on a side where there is cleaning u get $ 40 ticket .....honestly streets or footpaths are barely well cleaned but they will make sure that u get a ticket it's a rip off in the name of cleaning...........now do u want india to be like this --------let there be dust or plastics around it is absolutely fine but atleast there are no fines or penalties-------i still stand India is powerful as well as full of good and helpful people.

Ms Liberal (others)     18 July 2011

A large no of population is living below the powerty line One should not compare the amenities which are in Delhi, Mumbai with other Districts

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     18 July 2011

Originally posted by :Princess
" Then what is the solution?
Is the husband finding any solution?
"

@ Princess,

Why are you blaming that poor Husband sololy for being unable to find  "solution" for a problem that may be NOT in his hand ? Isn't he & his other family members too, are suffering due to the same problem ? Even the whole village is suffering too.

It's only his OVERSMART wife who seems to be going Crazy. Serotonin Unbalance ? Maybe she should be seeking a doctor first.

The First Oath of a Marriage consist of the following ....

I, (Bride/Groom),

take you (Groom/Bride),

to be my (wife/husband),

to have and to hold from this day forward,

for better or for worse,

for richer,

for poorer,

in sickness and in health,

to love and to cherish;

from this day forward until death do us part.

The wife too should co-operate in seeking an alternate solution for the same, instead of seeking Self Luxury only for herself.

Next, such wife may blame her Husband even for Natural Disasters. ;)

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 July 2011

Thank god i am not in bihar.though delhi too has power shortages,it's not so bad now,unlike a few yrs. ago,when these power cuts used to be for long hours.Thanks to the shift to BSES,now we can sleep peacefully at night.same is the story of water supply..

@ Victim

You call India a powerful country,and compare it with the US.Yet you have chosen to become a US citizen.Can you tell me why??

I guess you are one of those hypocritic NRIs who choose to settle down in US/Canada,but keep singing the laurels of India.If India is so great,why dont you come back and settle down in india?

2 indian movies namely Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge & Pardes also show this hypocrisy of Amrish Puri,the NRI who hates the foriegn culture of the countries where he has chosen to live himself,yet goes on singing "I love my India".

If india is so great,if indian life,indian power and indian cleanliness are so great,what made you move abroad?

1 Like

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     18 July 2011

hi

Hari (pp)     18 July 2011

These so called educated girls go crazy..they feeel that they are princess of some country...

Best solution is let the Husband give her divorce and let her free....there is no need for  a husband to have a wife who does not have common-sense...becuase she does not know what she is doing....now a days educated girls are making mokery of indian marriage system...

Judge should give orders to put her in african forests....can anybody report this to the local media..so that she will come to know what foolish thing she is doing...

One morething..all the so called ladies in this forum....if you really  think for a better India..do not be biased...dont support such stupid girls..

@ Roshni ----- > Due to forum rules and regulations  i cannot disclose my identity neither i can't tell you why i am in U.S. but one thing i can tell u for sure that i am still working for india no matter if i am U.S. citizen. If hope this answer satisfies your question.

By the way we are talking abt a "Wife seeking divorce due to powercut" and let's stick to the point rather then asking personal questions. Who the hell r u to address me hypocrit ? U think u can start a new revolution by arguing about U.S. OR India ? I guess not all u can do is blah blah blah..............Don't u love india ? Don't u think tht indians are great ? Not only me even people residing all around the world admires indian culture...........and u r talking abt cleanliness...............if u r concerned abt such issues let's create an awareness atleast in LCI website to make sure that everyone participates in what we are arguing about ? Atleast i will support on tht.......

(Guest)

@ Ms Liberal. I don't the psychology of writing this comment by Ms Liberal. She cannot give good advise even . She should quit the LCI. That will be much better

I have seen many threads replied by Ms Liberal which are criticised by many members. She should write in woman magazine rather than on this platform for LCI

(Guest)

@Victim & other like minded people

Just 2 things to end my arguments:

1. If this husband's parents had ordered him to find an accomodation in Patna/any other liveable town,would he have obeyed them?

If yes,why could he not accept the same suggestions given by his wife,who too is the member of the same famiily?

2. Can you live without bathing for  many months,or perhaps many years,if the electricity problem in your area doesn't get resolved?

(Guest)

He ssays the frequent break down or permanent breakdon of electricity?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register