LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Malav Shah (Company Secretary)     11 February 2010

Intimation of Change of address to Trademark Registry


We have applied for trademarks and is pending for registration. We have recently shifted our registered office (in the same cily).

Now we want to intimate Trademark registry our new address and all future communications should be sent to the new address.

For this, is there any form is required to be filed or only a letter intimating the change of address will suffice.

Please advise.


Malav Shah  


 10 Replies


For change of address you have to file Form TM 16 for the prescribed fee of Rs 500/- in the Trademarks Registry.


shrikant chede (law officer)     16 February 2010


Stuti (A)     24 January 2011

shouldnt the application be filed in TM 50?

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     25 January 2011

TM-16 is the right form and should be filed in triplicate along with the covering letter.

Rs.500/- should be paid by way of Cheqk in favour of Registrar of Trade Marks.




Stuti (A)     25 January 2011

Thank you so much for the reply Mr. Basavaraj.


However, my query still remains, why not in Form 50 which is also for address change?

Stuti (A)     25 January 2011

Dear all,


I think this is the reply to this query - 


Form TM-16 is for change or amendments in applications for registration of trademarks, pending the registration

Form TM-34 - is for change in address of principal place of business or residence after registration

FORM TM-50 - is for change of address for service after registration.

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     27 January 2011

Hi Stuti,


TM-50 is request by a registered propr... or a registered user of a trade mark who has no principal palce of business in India to enter, alter or substitue and address for service in India as part of his registration.

For more information please see/read rules 91, 96 and 97 of Trade Marks Rules, 2002.




Kiran (IPR Expert)     11 March 2012

Yeah very true...TM-50 is if the registered user/proprietor has no principal place of business in India.

Well, Registration of Trademark in India involves so many forms! I have seen many debates on which form to be used and which is not to be used :-)

Maybe a simplification in process would help.

priyanka (Executive)     20 March 2015

But some one has adviced that TM 5o is for agents address for service only.Although according to the legal provisions i agree that TM 50 is for address for service change of registered TMs.

lawyersclubquerist (xxxxxxx)     06 June 2019

Is there any time limit for intimating the change of address...and delay filing consequences

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register