LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyank prasad   16 July 2017

In consumer forum judgement pending since more than 6 months

my complaint is pending before KARNATAKA STATE COMMISSION for judgement since more than 6 months. I am appearing in person for my case. I have submitted several times in front of judge requesting her to deliver the judgement, but no results.

Now I want to go to National Commission for order of delivery of judgement by state commission. I required following information in this regard:

1. in what category my complaint against state commission for non delivery of judgement comes?

2. how much time National commission can take to direct State commission for order of delivery of judgement. 

Learning

27 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2017

Apparently the Presiding Officer has not decided the matter.

Ask your counsel.

sir (@ Kumar Doab), I am appearing in person for my case.

6 months is a very long time for a consumer court to deliver the judgement. I can not wait for infinite time for judgement, and therefore I wanted to go to National Commission so that national commission directs state commission for delivery of judgement, and that procedure and time expectations are asked in above post.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     16 July 2017

You have to wait for Judgment, also verify for any application is filed by other side.

It is the discretion of the court to deliver judment at any time.

if you are aggreivied in waiting, file application before National Commission, for speedy disposal stating the same.

1 Like

Sir, 

can you please tell me how much time National Commission can take for a order of speedy disposal , by your previous experiences. 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     16 July 2017

Consult your lawyer and firstly make inspection of file and also file necessary application pointing out the pendency for order. Court has to dispose your application. 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2017

Subsequent to above advises;

There are many counsels specializing in conumer matters appearing in Consumer Fora..........

Ask any of them and act.

1 Like

Thanks for all expert replies.

can I make an application for delivery of judgement in same court in which it is pending.

Yes in same court

Yes in same court

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 July 2017

You can also file  a Writ of MANDAMUS IN HIGHCOURT SEEKING DIRECTIONS TO STATECOMMISSION  FOR  SPEEDY    DISPODSAL OF CASE AND       EARLY  DELIVERY OF JUDGMNENT OR BEFORE NATIONAL  COMMISSION FOR THE SAME RELIEF.Speedy disposal of case is one of th e fundamental rights under the constitution.

2 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2017

The Consumer Protection Act (CPA), 1986 provides for expeditious hearing of the case and its disposal within three months, except for products which require laboratory testing.

However, according to the judgment records in Computerisation and Computer Networking of Consumer Forums in the Country (ConfoNet), it takes an average of three years for a verdict.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2017

The Consumer Protection Act (CPA), 1986 provides for expeditious hearing of the case and its disposal within three months, except for products which require laboratory testing.

However, according to the judgment records in Computerisation and Computer Networking of Consumer Forums in the Country (ConfoNet), it takes an average of three years for a verdict.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2017

You can also go to HC against State Commission.

But before that fiel a petition before SIC as a matter of courtesy.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2017

Apply your own experience and judgment as once complaint is lodged the President  may appoint inquiry officer and they may call you at location of State Commission.....

Inquire locally how do they act! 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register