Hring a lawyer - as a defendant


i received a partition suit notice and i am one f the 8 defendants listed in the suit. this is for our ancestral property in andhra pradesh. i never dealt wtih any legal case as such in the past.. so little ignorant on this thing here.
if i had to hire a lawyer for this, do i need to hire him for the entire case or just for a hearing.?
i am being advised by some that on ,if am on a defendnat side, then i can just hire for that hearing and dont want to look for someone to handle the entire case.
it is true that the legal expense is usually less on a defendant side compared to a plaintiff ..
or what sort of a expectation do  i need to sort forth wtih my lawyer if am on a defendant side and to fix a rate card for this case.




It is the general conception. It is better that you engage a lawyer for entire case as it would help a lawyer to understand the entire case and to defend the case with proper line of defence. The fee structure depends on the discretion of lawyer.



If really you need to defend the case then without a lawyer it is impossible to procced the case. Hiring a lawyer for full course of case will help you  as suggested by the learned friend.


where is the suit property, call me at 9873751988
Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

The defense lawyer is obligated to hold strictly confidential all conversations and other communications with the defendant, including all information which the defense lawyer receives from the defendant during the course of representation. The defense lawyer must pursue the representation conscientiously and without delay. So select a reliable lawyer from this panel of lawyers on this portal.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x