Upgrad LLM

how much maintenance under sec 125 crpc??

hhhhhh

how much maintenance is given under sec 125 CRPC? I WAS told not more tahn rs3000?  

Dear Swati,

The maintenance under Sec 125 Crpc is depends upon while considering the income of the Husband and life style wife and various other factors. There are so many judgments in which Hon'ble supreme court have validate the grant of more then Rs 1 lakh maintenance considering the economic and social value and various other factors.Feel free to call if you have left any query in mind.

advocate/counsel supreme court

anish thakur said is correct swati!

instructor

Grant of maintenance amount in crpc 125 is totally on the discretion of the court , before granting maintenance amount court considers different factors like income of husband , actual liabilities on husband , life style before dispute etc .

hhhhhh

Hello Anish Sir,

Thanks for the information. Please can you give me reference to some cases as mentioned by you. Also you may note that I am earning Rs56,000/pm and my husband gets Rs160,000/pm.

Should I claim maintenance only for my son under Sec 125?

Regards

Swati

Originally posted by : Anish Thakur 9459321520

Dear Swati,

The maintenance under Sec 125 Crpc is depends upon while considering the income of the Husband and life style wife and various other factors. There are so many judgments in which Hon'ble supreme court have validate the grant of more then Rs 1 lakh maintenance considering the economic and social value and various other factors.Feel free to call if you have left any query in mind.

hhhhhh

Thanks Joshi Sir.... 

Originally posted by : laxmi kant joshi
Grant of maintenance amount in crpc 125 is totally on the discretion of the court , before granting maintenance amount court considers different factors like income of husband , actual liabilities on husband , life style before dispute etc .

Advocate/Attorney

I slightly differ with the above experts. I agree that it is the discretion of the court, but it applies to Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act and other related acts, but not to Sec. 125 Cr.P.C.  There is a limit set up for Sec. 125.  It varies from state to state In Madhya Pradesh it is Rs. 3000/- per month; in Andhra Pradesh it is Rs. 3500/- per month; in Maharastra it is Rs. 1500/- per month; in West Bengal it is Rs. 1500/- per month.  Hence the court has got discretion to pay within the limits prescribed above, but not over and above the prescribed limits.  If the petitioner wants more than this, she has to file petition under Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act and other related acts. 

Hi, I have a question. Would like to know if the court which is hearing case does not have jurisdiction to take up the case then what to do.

I am working in a city-A & My wife is also working in the same city, but she has mentioned that she is house wife and leaving in a city B with wrong affadavit and wrong facts.

What can we do here..

Business

Given your earning compared to your husband, I think that you will need to make a strong case to get maintenance for yourself too.  You will need to draft your maintenance application with specific facts referring to the lifestyle that your husband is living, how he can afford it, why you cannot afford it, how you have got used to his lifestyle, why your son also needs to have the same standard of living as the father, etc. All this must be in detail and with evidentiary/documentary support. In that case, yes, you will most certainly qualify for maintenance and it can be substantial. As for your son, thats a given. How much? That too depends on the quality of your filings.

As for any limit under Sec. 125 Cr.P.C., I think that any limit of a few thousand rupees, if indeed there is such, then it is probably in theory but not in practice. 

Advocate

You have been advised on the same subject about what is to be done in the situation by many experts and advocates including me, but your curiosity makes you to repeat the same query in a different thread too.   Yes you can claim maintenance for your son u/s 125 cr.p.c., u/s 26 of HMA, 1995 and also under the provisions of domestic violence act for yourself  while claiming for residential rights and a status at par to the status of your husband.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x