LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr.. Reddy...... (Business)     22 March 2011

Gift Deed on to Father-in-Law

Hai There,

Can I transfer my property through Registered Gift Deed on to My Father-in-Law or Mother-in Law ( wife's Parents)?

If so what would be the registration charges in Karnataka?

Is it same as if it transferred on to wife name?

Thanking you.


 2 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     22 March 2011

you can transfer your property which one you like , thats your own wish

suresh (Advocate)     23 March 2011

Hi Mr.Reddy,

you can gift the property to your father in law or mother in law.

The stamp duty is as same as sale, but you can avoid the same,

if you want any help in this regard you can contact me.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register