LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANBARASU R (QUALITY)     31 January 2011


A property was gifted to my father by grandfather and grand grand mother. I am son and two other daughters. Now my father has gifted the entire property to my sisters. Can i have legal rights to claim my share as it is an sisters property


 10 Replies

Bharat Gandhi (Cordinator)     01 February 2011

Immovable property received as gift can not be regifted. Thus, your fataher giving the same property which he received as gift from his parents, can not be gifted by him to his daughter / your sister. Please consult a lawyer for concern act and law.

ANBARASU R (QUALITY)     01 February 2011

The property was gifted to my father by his father and my father's grand mother jointly. So my father claims that the property is equalant to own earned property thus he can give /gift it to whom ever he wants. Also as per layer’s advice he has already executed gift deed on his daughters (my sisters).Please advice what to do and how can I go ahead.

satyajit (Law Officer)     01 February 2011

Father can transfer his property at his liberty to any one by any manner. you are realy helpless.

Prash (Mgr )     01 February 2011


Can anyone give me a format for a GIFT DEED to be made.



ANBARASU R (QUALITY)     01 February 2011

Dear satyajit,

Am i helpless the the property is ancestral property

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 February 2011

The ancestral property any one not gift the other person. 

Lucky (partner)     02 February 2011

AS mentioned above the property which being an ancesteral property you have equal right in the property.As far as it belongs to ur grandfather its an ancestral property.

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     03 February 2011

your grand father got the property from his grandmother by way of gift.  s it is his own property.  the your grand father gifted to your father.  it is valid.  So, now your father also gifted the property to your sisters.  it is also valid.  You cannot claim in the property.  

Because the property is treated as your grand father's self acquire property.  He can give to anybody.  so he gifted your father.  again the property is your father's own property.  so he can give to anybody. 

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     03 February 2011

It is teated as his own property.  it is not a ancestral property. 

Bharat Gandhi (Cordinator)     04 February 2011

I suggest, go on Google search engine, type " proforma of immpovable property gift deed", you will find many links, websites and proforma of gift deed! Its easy and cost saving!

Best luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register