LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sounak Chakraborty (Student)     04 September 2012

Future in law

I'm presently a student of class XII and I aspire to sit for CLAT and AILET in 2013. I have not started taking any special class nor have i started any preparation, other than reading daily newspapers and staying updated with the current affairs. I would be glad if the experts of this forum could help me to pursue my goal. Would be expecting a reply.
                                                                                                                                       - Sounak 

Learning

2 Replies

leena (student)     21 September 2012

CLAT 2012 Pattern:

The CLAT 2012 paper for admission to the under-graduate law programme (LL.B) will have 200 questions for 200 marks and will be of 2 hours duration. The subject areas tested are:

1. English including Comprehension - 40 Marks
2. General Knowledge/ Current Affairs - 50 Marks
3. Mathematics - 20 Marks
4. Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks
5. Legal Aptitude/Legal Awareness - 50 Marks

now i think you got to know that what you need to prepare???

leena (student)     21 September 2012

1. English including Comprehension: The English section of CLAT 2012 will test your aptitude in comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, you will be questioned on your understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used in the passage etc. The grammar section will include questions on correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words etc.

2. General Knowledge/Current Affairs: The GK section of CLAT 2012 will only test you on your knowledge of current affairs (broadly defined as matters featuring in the mainstream media between March 2011 and March 2012). This is one of the most scoring sections of CLAT & is often the deal-maker or breaker. So don’t be caught unprepared in this section!

3. Mathematics: Re-visit your elementary mathematics formulae and concepts i.e. maths taught till the class 10 to crack the Mathematics section of CLAT 2012. “Try to choose & attempt at least 3-12 easy questions out of the total 20. If you are good at mathematics, then scoring 17-19 marks would not be difficult” advises Mr. Singh.

4. Logical Reasoning: The logical reasoning section of CLAT 2012 will assess your ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. The type of questions asked will be from a wide variety of logical reasoning questions like syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies. Visual reasoning will not be tested.

5. Legal Aptitude: For the legal aptitude section of CLAT 2012, take note that you will not be tested on any prior knowledge of law or legal concepts. If a technical/legal term is used in the question, that term will be explained in the question itself. The questions will be designed to test you only on your “legal aptitude”.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register