Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjithkumar   22 December 2015

Fraud sbi credit card

Dear all,

This is ranjit from chennai .  I need your help to come out from this issue. One of the credit card agent approch and convince me to buy a  SBI simply save credit card. So they asked to send the scanned documents then i sent those documents through Whatsup. After  few days i got a message as you have aproved for SBI credit card and you will get the card soon. On Nov 22 i received the SBI Platinum card (Annual Fees 2999) instead of simply save card(Annual Fees 499).

On that day I raised a complaint with one of the complaint forum as "i got a wrong card so please do the need ful asap". Few minutes back  i got a fraud call and he said please share your card number ,CVV ,expiry date and birthdate . I had a little doubt so i asked   you are from SBI so please let me know the expiry date but unexpectedly he told me the  correct expiry date  so i belive him and share the details. then he said to me as please share the OTP which i sent now . I got a OTP as mobile number change . so i disconnected the call. same day he is trying to do online puchase from ZAAK EPAYMENT service for the amount 5000 two times  but he dont know the OTP so it has been failed.

I called up SBI toll free number and raised a complaint and blocked the card as well.on 27th Nov 2015 i got a new card and even didn't open the cover i received a message as your request for balance transfer on EMI of Rs 10000 for 6 months with an EMI 1741.67 has been taken for card no.XXXX0711(New platinum card) your request will be processed with in 5 working days.

Again i raised a complaint on 27th Nov with SBI credit card department so they again blocked the card .On 2nd of Dec i got a message as your request for balance transfer has been done successfully and funds will be transferred with in 3 working days. i called up sbi credit card department and share those messages , they said don't worry sir we are working on this we will revert with in Dec 31 and i asked to down grade the card  as simply save card so they raise one request and down garde the card and send it to me . Mean while i got a statement also for the balance transfer.

Today i asked the SBI credit card department through toll free number, you despatched the simply save card and why do you map the balance transfer due amount with it.They said to me as you have to pay the due and wait for 120 days to analys and resolve the balance transfer  issue . If it is positive for you we will revert the amount other wise we won't do anything . 

I didn't do any transaction from those cards.

So please suggest how to move further  to close the account or raise the FIR .

Thanks in Advance

Ranjit P

Mobile:7299908893

Learning

7 Replies

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     22 December 2015

Please raise a General Power of Attorney through a lawer and have the same registered with the branch in which the account is held...<With the latest photo> of the Account Holder,the estimated cost may be around Rs.1ooo/-(Rupees One Thousand Only)...With best wishes...

siddhartha sinha   22 December 2015

Do you have acknowledgement of what type of card you applied for? Do you have recordings of all the complaints you made to customer care or the fraud call?Did you make written complaints? Did you speak to the agent who approached you asking him to explain?Do you have his number? Did you share your otp? Its not clear if you did or not. You made error if answers are no. You need to file a written complaint to the credit card issuing office. You can register an fir/gd regarding calls you received. Wait for reply from sbi. If otp was used for the transaction you have to pay the amount. If not used then it is criminal case. The agent and caller can be same person.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2015

You have acted in irresponsible manner.

Instaed of lodging complaint with some complaint forum you should have registered the complaint with M/s SBICPSL, in writing under proepr acknowedgment.

You may demand to supply the card issuance application form and that who deposited it ,pased it, signed for 'OSV' of KYC docs, etc.

You may take help of osme lawyer well versed with CC/Banking/consumer matters and contest the case now and lodge police compalint with this agent also.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 April 2016

If you are aware now, you can defend yourself.

Write to SBI how can an outsider get your a/c details? They are bound by clauses on Secrecy/Confidentiality.

Use other means as well e.g. Whatsapp,SMS,email etc to educate your near and deear ones and let them spread awareness further.

A well innformed citizen/customer can defend his/her interest.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     18 April 2016

Legal Route is the best option.Nothin can be done beyond the preferred option...

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     18 April 2016

A Fraud Credit Card issue has to be fought only through court of law and not by writing letters to the bankers...

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     30 April 2016

By details shared on this forum its eminent that Security lapses are from SBI end and certainly you can avail the relief available under I T Act. You can call for more details on 09422109619.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register