LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay (ne)     23 August 2012

Fir on public servant

Dear Experts ,


please share your view regarding , police case on public servant .

i got information under RTI , in the same one officer is guilty in fake reporting to govermant. but the matter is pending from last one year. departmental inquery is going on. there is understanding with HR and employee. as per GOG notification the departmental inquery must be dispose of maximum in 6 month. the same matter is pending from more than 1 year. 

can a citizen file police complain for the same. can we invoke sec 166,167,182,217 ?????

can we file police complain for not obeying gazzed circular for departmental inquery time limit ????


 1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2012

Departmental Inquiries are conducted based on the statutory rules wherein due opportunity is to be given to the accused.  Generally no inquiry is practically finished in 6 months. The statutory provisions cannot be overlooked by way of a circular.



Facts given by you are too sketchy to say if these sections are attracted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register