Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan (gg)     09 September 2011

False case

Hi,

My name is Prakash and I got married last year in August. Our relationship was ok only for 2 weeks. Then small misunderstandings happen. For every small thing she would go to her house and complain that me & my family members are ill treating her. Her parents would convince her saying its common in married life and would sent her back. One time she went home and did not return till late night and my father was worried and called up her place to check. She was at her mothers place saying she had informed us. But when my father told she did not inform anyone they were furious and yelled at her and asked her to go back right away. She was unable to digest this and came to our house and started yelling at me and my family members. When we replied back she went and told her father saying my father has slapped her. Her father came and big fight with us saying how can we slap her. We tried to explain we did not do anything but girl convinced them by crying and they were not ready to believe it.

She was at her home for a week. When my mother called them asked if there daughter would come back they said they would like to speak with few elders and then they would her back. We arranged for a meeting with elders. First, she said she said that she would come back only if we stay separately. My parents said there is a portion upstairs and you can stay and we would have privacy. Then she said, no only if I get separated from my family completely and stay outside she would come back. I do not want to stay separated from my family. So, I said firstly – lets try to adjust with them for few months and if not them we would get separated. After this, suddenly she started saying that the marriage was fruitful and there was no intimacy between us and she started questioning my fidelity and stated I might be impotent – which is completely bull sh*t. Because of all this the elders post-poned the matter and then started screaming that she would complaint to police against us and get us arrested.

After few weeks, my father has a stroke and had a paralysis attack. She did not even come to hospital to visit him but her parents initially helped us. After he was discharged by mother visited their home and asked her to come back by leaving everything behind. She does not want to come. When her parents insisted her to go back, she started saying she would commit suicide if they sent her against her wish. My mother came back.

After few days, her parents convinced her dropped her at my place. She was physically staying at home but mentally she is strong not to adjust with us. She would not let me touch her and she would help my mother to take care of my father  and just stay in bedroom all day. Suddenly, in the evening when I was in office I got a call from my mother saying she has cut her hand and she is bleeding. Her parents came to my home and made a ruckus and took her to hospital. She has few stitches. Again they called for a meeting with elders and in the meeting all she said that I am not good and nothing happened between us and said that I might be Impotent. I lost face in front of all my elders and my family felt very much ashamed. When we started raising our voice against this, she said she file a dowry harassment case against us.

One year passed by and she is staying with her parents. Last week when we called her she said they are filing a petition against us in the court. I have no idea what petition and what case she is filing against us. Just because she is a women and she cut her hand everybody is only believing her and accusing us of all this.

Please help as to what I should do. I do not want my parents are me get into trouble for something which we did not do.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 September 2011

You keep the records to show that since one year she is in her mother's house.  She may file 498A, DV act and Maintenance case.

Before that again try to convince her to avoid the future consequences.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 September 2011

I feel so sad about you Mr.Mohan.

As Mr. Rajoo advised, she may file those cases.  If she files those cases you have to contest them.

If she files Section 498-A case, you have to contest it.  Do not worry about Section 498-A.  You have seen the worse life than Section 498-A life living with her.  Try to take anticipatory bail, once complaint will be lodged by her in the police station.

If she files divorce case, then stop and think and try to go for mutual.  If she does not accept for that, then contest it with your own grounds without refusing the relief of divorce to be granted to the parties.  Take into consideration of permanent alimony question.

If DV case is filed, contest it.

If you want any further assistance, do not hesitate to call me.

Sammelan Kavi (Software)     15 September 2011

Welcome to the World of being a men. This is how it has always been. Crying woman is always deemed as truthful.  In the meantime, read this:

https://articleson498a.blogspot.com/2009/01/meet-king-santanu-king-of-all-opressed.html

I know that the above story is way-way old story but the men is always forced to "under"-stand the woman and not the other way around.

We have a group in Facebook so you can join there

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/216895415013287/

Google 498a and SIF, an all India NGO and contact its volunteers for support and guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register