LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMAR   13 July 2016

Extra Ordinary leave

Sir,I am an employee of MHA on probation for 2 years(1 year gets completed on20July).before joining I had completed 2 years of L.L.B..After reading EOL rules for temporary employees for pursuing studues(according to 2 (d)- 24 months EOL is admissable in my case ) I have the following question .1)can I take 2 years EOL to complete last year of LLB and then 1 year of LLM, .2)will these 2 years be counted as part of my service and for promotion or will I suffer any drawbacks.. My post is permanent but since I am on probation I assume I am a temporary employee.thank you For your reference: 2. Extra-ordinary Leave to Temporary Employee [CCS Leave Rule � 32(2)] Unless the President, in view of the exceptional circumstances of the case otherwise determines, no Government servant, who is not in permanent employ or quasi-permanent employ, shall be granted extraordinary leave on any one occasion in excess of the following limits:- (d) Twenty-four months, where the leave is required for the purpose of prosecuting studies certified to be in the public interest, provided the Government servant concerned has completed three years� continuous service on the date of expiry of leave of the kind due and admissible under these rules, including three months� extraordinary leave under Clause (a).

Learning

1 Replies

chetan   14 July 2016

https://persmin.gov.in/DOPT/Acts_Rules/AIS_Rules/Revised_AIS_Rules_Vol_I_Updated_Upto_31Oct2011/Revised_AIS_Rule_Vol_I_Rule_05.pdf

Read this link or file a RTI in your office /DOPT for Searching Provisions

note : it may be better if u will file rti by name of your relative or family members.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register