LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhanu (Engineer)     08 February 2014

Engagement

is breaking an engagement is crime in india. actually forcely i got engagement without knowing girl behaviour and education. if i don't marry to same girl what can be happen

Learning

8 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     08 February 2014

Before doing engagement with the girl you may enquire each and every detail of her like behaviour, Education, character etc.. once engagement happened the relatives and the neighbours of girls side all knows about the confirmation of her marriage and the girl side also made payments towards the arrangement and booking of marriage etc ....., if you say no for the marriage in this stage it is a very big blow for the girl side on their reputation and finance too , out of anger they can file demand of dowry case on you as well as compensation for the arrangement they did and the suffering they face , i suggest you if it is only the matter of her education then don't say no go ahead but if the character is not good then say no to marriage very politely and pay the compensation to them , it will be better to stop the matter in initial stage after marriage it will difficult to tackle the situation and life turns to hell better solve it before marriage .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2014

No it is not a crime, but you may have to return the money or kind if you have received any during the time of engagement and also may have to bear the expenses met by them for the purpose of  ceremonising the engagement., if they claim.  Better maintain a clean platform so that you can counter their allegations (true or false) in the event of they opt for legal action in any form against you people for breaking the ties.

(Guest)

@Mr Joshi

Everything is fine except mentioning of dowry cases. This is the nth time on this forum you have tried enough times to scare a guy in the name of false cases. Yesterday too I thought of replying to one of your ugly posts but I restrained myself from doing it. Why are you scaring people around by naming false cases? Anyone can file false cases, I can too file defamation or a serious attempt to murder case on you. Will you be afraid of me sir?

Sir, I beg you!! False cases remain false even after thousand years. If you are scared of those things then keep it to yourself. We are the youth of this country, we know how to fight it out.  Just when all your writeup was making sense, you from nowhere come up with a TV serial story mentioning the false dowry cases, harassment etc..What is the need of it sir? Does the guy have all the rights to marry anyone of his choice? or Is he bound to do some samaj seva by marrying a girl? You mentioned the compensation part and condition of the girl's family in the society, that's a very good advice but then comes the preaching part why? Why do you have scare someone? Why? after all they are false cases.. This is 21st century sir, don't try to throw the guys back to rock age. Even the girls know how to deal with the things. If they don't then they should learn, how many years they play this victim card.

@Author

Break the engagement. No second thoughts. Education is the utmost important part of anybody's brought up. Dont take any part lite. You will marry only once. You should not experiment with your life. Don't get scared of anything. You dont like that means you dont like thats it. Break it and move on. But as the learned members have already tried to explain you, do it in matured way by taking the girl into confidence, talk to her parents and compensate them if necessary.

Doesn't mean that you should bow down. Never!!!Ever!! If they cheated you, then don't pay any compensation, if at all you have to pay then pay to a good criminal lawyer and then fight.

1 Like

(Guest)

One more thing, even if you try to reason with the girl's family, they may not listen. That's the ugly culture. In a way that's their culture. But still people preach you to sit and talk even if the other side doesn't listen to you. That's the beauty. I see a lot of people talk about amicable settlement with the girls family. They themselves don't know what it is. It only means one thing. "Money". Now everything is trade. But nobody preaches the girl. It always the guys because you know you are a guy and you can be booked under false cases.

I hate these people who always talk about false cases. Just login to the site and everyone talks about false false false cases, nobody tries to reason or provide some sense to the victim. Nobody talks about bonding/love/family values. That's why I hate advocates preaching to the victims. Actually going by their profession they don't qualify to preach someone. Because all they can do is scare and loot. Our laws have empowered the advocates not the women!!! Strange state of our generation in this country.

@stalkar , as per hindu methodology and rites engagement is a confirmation of marriage someone also called half marriage , author saying forceibly he was pulled for engagement ask him now where that force gone to refuse the marriage how he is saying about her behaviour and her Education had he mention about his behaviour and education , one have to see IT before engagement if you point out such thing after engagement it means delebrately you are trying to break the marriage , it doesn't mean every time girl is wrong if you are breaking marriage after engagement it means you are insulting her without fault then you tell me if she is your sister then what step you will take . 2. yesterday the post i think you talking a criminal one yo:u cann't believe but it is truth now a days it is some people is doing read again that authour post her wife had blamed him of giving drugs to her, i never sacred anybody i give complete answer ,it depends upon person to person how he understand that .3.if you don't like my post pl. don't read them .

@stalkar , as per hindu methodology and rites engagement is a confirmation of marriage someone also called half marriage , author saying forceibly he was pulled for engagement ask him now where that force gone to refuse the marriage how he is saying about her behaviour and her Education had he mention about his behaviour and education , one have to see IT before engagement if you point out such thing after engagement it means delebrately you are trying to break the marriage , it doesn't mean every time girl is wrong if you are breaking marriage after engagement it means you are insulting her without fault then you tell me if she is your sister then what step you will take . 2. yesterday the post i think you talking a criminal one yo:u cann't believe but it is truth now a days it is some people is doing read again that authour post her wife had blamed him of giving drugs to her, i never sacred anybody i give complete answer ,it depends upon person to person how he understand that .3.if you don't like my post pl. don't read them .

(Guest)

Even I am also surprised to see the comments posted by Mr. Joshi on dowry point. No Dowry case takes place.

(Guest)

Yes Joshi sir, first thing I wont cheat anyone in principal. Lets consider if my blood(daughter/sister/niece) is in such a situation where the guy cheated us.  I would expect the guy to apologize to my daughter/sister/niece whomever it is and then render a public apology to my family. Thats it there ends the matter for me. Apology can not be demanded so thats me.

Compensation I dont know. I am very much anti to spending in engagement celebrations. I dont know why the girls side people these days are spending lakhs of rupees on engagements. They almost do it like a marriage which in itself is a foolish thing to do. Even my FIL did the same thing and then why one shld cry over spilt milk? 

One generation prior to our time, engagement I suppose used to be a quite celebration just within the closed circles but now people are crazy doing all nonsense. If someone wants to throw some money away then its their choice. For that one should not charge the grooms family? Ok, anyway lets keep the personal matters away.

Its not liking your posts or not sir. The point is we come here for help. We are already scared about our future, career, life, hard earned money, parents, family, society and then as we come here, you are scaring us more. Why? because we are guys and the laws have given you the absolute rights to scare us. bullsh*t na sir.

Now end of the day sir you are talking about applying criminal sections when in reality the concerned deeds are pretty much human errors either wrong in conduct or judgements. So sir please refrain from scaring guys with false cases. Its my humble request to you. There is no greatness in boasting about a false case. Its setting human relations to pure shame.

Lets sing praises of women who raise on their legs after hard breakup's because thats what is a genuine victory but no sympathy never to a woman who files a false complaint. She is a traitor and whoever supports her will also become a traitor and they dont deserve respect.

@Author

Not intended to divert your thread into one on one discussion. However sorry about that.

[Last reply goodnight]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register