LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari (Confidential Assistant)     13 April 2012

Desertion by wife

This is in reference to my wife's sudden disappearance from my home about a one and a half year ago.  Missing case was registered in the Police Station.  Till date things have stood-still with no development from either the Police or my in-laws.  I am alone with my retired father and very young sister and brother who are still studying.  Due to unfortunate circumstances that life has put me into I am not able to fulfill my social obligations towards my family.  Inspite of tremendous and justified pressure for marriage from my family members, I cannot make up my mind for the same due to some possible severity of the consequences which may result by the same.  The parents of my wife are advising me to marry another woman.  We are ready to give you in writing.  You dont spoil your life for the heartless women i.e., our daughter / sister.  As I am a Govt. Servant and is there any insightful guidance as to possible course of options legally open to me whereby I can fulfill my social and filial obligations in the circumstances I am in and preseve my sanity.  I want to marry now.  Please help.  

Fortunately, her mother came to me and telling that they themselves intentionally hided her from me for the last 2 1/2 years and requesting me to take her back.  They fooled me and also at the same time think that the also fooled to Police or Police may be with them.  Please advise me that what I should do in the present circumstances.  Your advises are my final hope.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar (Family CEO)     13 April 2012

Even a blind man can see that there is something seriously wrong or missing in your story. MIL begs you to move on and marry someone else !!

Speculation - is the women still alive ? Did she die of foul play by the parents ? Did they hide her against her wishes ? 

Without wasting one more moment of your time on LCI, please retain a lawyer - criminal lawyer preferably. Obtain a search warrant or some other order for investigating a "person missing presumed dead". Dont file for divorce or anything like that but get to know the truth and facts of your wife who you claim suddenly dissapeared.

There was another thread where a 23 year old girl in love was locked inside the home upon discovery of her affair with a neighborhood romeo. The learned advocates have provided several pointers and you could leverage from those responses - but you still need to retain counsel. Imagine the girls mother blaming you for their daughters death - spin it as dowry death or something like that. 

It will help you if you obtain local replies from learned advocates if  post the following information:

1. Where were you married ? 

City:_______, State:__________

2. How old is the girl ? 

3. Which city does the girls and her parents reside ? 

4. Does she have a job ? 

5. When was the last contact you had with your wife ? 

6. Was the marriage consumated ? 

7. Wife dissapeared year and a half ago. Why are you bringing up the issue now - after 18 months. What efforts or attempts have you made to reunite or trace your wife - besides the FIR. ( Please note - you have made conflicting statements - in the begining you state that she is missing for One and a half years and later you state she is missing for TWO and a half years. Make up your mind and stay firm in your story. If your own counsel suspects you of misdeed, he has duty to disclose to the authorities - Lawyer is an officer of the court legally empowered to deliver justice and not some  rickshaw wala you hire off the street who drives to wherever you want to go.

8. What happened following FIR ? 

9. Did you cause her to be unhappy which may have caused her to leave the marital home ? 

10. If the other party is willing to call the marriage off, then why dont you go for MCD - mutually consented divorce ? 

11. Is the women mentally and physically ok. 

Dont play with this by yourself - get a lawyer asap. The lawyer is likely to ask you the above questions and more, so use this thread to get your story straight and bullet proof. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

Is it 1-1/2 year or 2-1/2 year?

If it is more than 2 years, file a case of divorce based on desertion.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register