LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaloboran mahapatra (service)     18 December 2017

Demarcation of land

My brother has filed a title suit for land in district court against me, my wife (expired recently) son and daughter one decade ago. I applied for mutation after my wife expired and mutation certificate has been issued in favour of me, son and daughter. Can I approach District court for demarcation of the said land ? though civil case is pending for the same plots. Pl advise

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2017

It is believed that the share of deceased wife has been mutated in the name of her legal heirs.

While you can approach the demarcation might be per decision of pending matter in the court. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 December 2017

Mutation is not a title deed by itself, and maximum it may establish your physical possession.  Every thing ultimately depends on Court decision in on going suit and attracts injunction orders and lis pendency.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 December 2017

It appears that there are deeper issues. Please post the complete facts.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2017

The issue before court shall be decided by court.

In case of death of owner/co-sharer the share devolves upon legal heirs per provisions of personal law and is reflected by updation in mutations record say; Virasat Ka Intkaal.

For the same demarcation by boundaries is not the requirement.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2017

As pointed by Mr. P.Venu the querist may post the issues.

KeeganCollier   06 January 2018

It takes more time to get the justce from the court. According to the rushmyessay review, most of the cases are in pending state. You should ask your lawyer to find another way to get success in the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register