LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nic   19 April 2017

Credit card defaulter

I am nic, I had a credit card over 25 years ago and promptly paid all the monthly dues, at the closing of my account i paid all the settlement, but i was un aware of getting NOC documents. and this didn't bother me,but after these long years, i got a call from recovery agency who is asking me a lump sum amount inorder to close the account.and even threaten me that they could affect my sons future with it, i'm affraid of it, and is there any possibility they could affect my sons future.and please give me information that, what are the possible tken by that agency i.e police complaint or court cases ... why are these guys contacting me after such a long time?

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 April 2017

Your son’s future can not be affected by a recovery agent or agency or company that had approach you to sell its product Credit Card to you.

The recovery agent or agency or company that had sold its Credit Card to you is not permitted to make such threats, comments to you or anyone.

You may record all calls and ask them to send their letter on their letterhead under original seal and signature by hand thru Redg. Post and attach all bills from date of issuance of CC to last date when you closed CC.

The customer can issue written instructions to cancel CC, pay final bill and matter stands closed.

The customer should preferably keep copies of all written communications and bills.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 April 2017

Same Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Credit-card-defaulter-149045.asp

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2017

Have you checked or discussed the matter with the Bank.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 April 2017

Whether you have such dues or not ?

whether you have received such notices and Credit card was cancelled by the Bank or not ?

These are the primary issues, whereas you state you are prompt.  First get the statemen of accounts and notices issued.

If their accounts are misleading, fight it out through Consumer Forum.

The tactics being adopted by outside agencies may disturb your peace of mind and do not further get issues complicated, as they do not care for law and select the occupation only for their rude and uncompromising tactics in recovery.

There is an old saying " You should not have "Satru sesha or Runa sesha"  (enemy left and dues left unpaid)

Focus on present issue of repayment of legitimate dues  and do not think of what happens to your son at a later date.  Once the issue is solved, you can lead a peaceful life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register