Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Kumar Mishra (Project Coordinator)     02 July 2013

Complaint against hdfc life

Hi All,

I am holding two separate policies from HDFC Life Insurance since last 5 years. Overall I decided to surrender one of the policies, regarding the same I had called HDFC customer care help line and my life entered in a terrible situation here on.

Customer Care Executive asked me to visit a branch with my ID proof and a cancelled cheque, on June 29th (Saturday Morning around 10.30am) I visited HDFC life, Ashok Vihar, Delhi branch to process the surrender document. There I met with Ms. Neetu Saxena, she confirmed me that I need to carry my policy document along with a beneficiary's valid ID proof. So I decided to visit another branch of HDFC Life at Bhikaji Kama on Monday (July 1st) which is closed to my office then she handed over me two surrender form which I need to get signed from the beneficiary.

On Monday (July 1st), I visited Bhikaji Kama branch and came to know that they are not eligible to take policy surrender request. They advised me to visit one of the mentioned branches at Pachim Vihar, New Friend Colony or Ashok Vihar branch to submit these documents. Then I called up Ms. Neetu Saxena at Ashok Vihar, branch, she asked me to Ashok Vihar branch latest by 05.30pm on the same day to process the documents. Then I left my office little early and reached the Ashok Vihar, branch to meet Ms. Neetu, I was there around 05.10pm. Except the security guard no one was there to deal with not even the branch manager. Then I requested security guard to call up Ms. Neetu and inform that I am here to meet her or let me talk to her which Ms. Neetu clearly refuse to talk and asked guard to inform me to come tomorrow morning. Regarding the same issue I again called up HDFC life customer care to inform about the service of this branch, after my 15 minutes fight he logged my complaint (complaint no. 010715720884) at 05.45pm against the branch and after that I left for the day.

Today morning (July 2nd) I decided to go my office late and reached the HDFC Life, Ashok Vihar, branch at 09.25am. Again no one was in the branch except a security guard and waited till 09.45am. since I was getting late for my office I asked security guard to check with Ms. Neetu, if she is on her way which he refused to call after all this I called up customer care help line number to check the office timings, they confirmed that Monday to Friday it's 09.30am to 05.30pm then I said it's been around 09.50am and no one is here to take my document for policy surrender. She (customer care executive) said Ashok Vihar branch, is not eligible to take the surrender applications, then I asked her to transfer my call to the manager but she didn't. Meanwhile a lady came to the branch (don't know her name) it was around 10am and then she asked security guard to check if Ms. Neetu is on her way. Then finally she (Ms. Neetu) arrived and processed my papers for policy surrender after all I wanted to meet Mr. Vinit Vashisth (Branch Manager, HDFC Life, Ashok Vihar, Branch) to give my feedback but it was more shocking that it was around 10.15am when I asked security guard to check if branch manager is here and he said "sir has not arrived yet".

I don't know what will happen to HDFC life with this kind of services and unsystematic offices, now I am thinking to surrender my second policy also ASAP.

Intent of this complaint is clear and crystal to draw this feedback to the higher authority of HDFC to take the necessary action against the branch to maintain a quality of the service.

Thanks

Rakesh Kumar

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 July 2013

Give a complaint with details to Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. You can see their website. www.irda.gov.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register