LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta Tripathi   04 February 2023

Child Abuse

I am writing this to know the actions that I could take for incidents of s*xual abuse and exploitation that I experienced during my stay with my uncle (fufa) and aunty (bua) in Kanpur between 2004-2006. I was living with them and my uncle used to take me to Lucknow under the guise of medical treatment for my right leg fibula bone. However, during these trips, he would knowingly keep me in Lucknow hotels for 2-3 days and give me sedating medicine, approach me in the wrong ways and exploit my situation. At that time I was only 14 years old.

I was not able to tell anyone about these incidents then due to fear, family condition and my mother's mental health. My uncle also threatened me with consequences if I told anyone what happened in the hotel.

I am now 32 years old and married and I want to take action against my uncle for his actions. I do not have any evidence at this time, but I want an investigation into the matter to ensure that the perpetrator is punished appropriately.

Please inform me of the appropriate action that can be taken by me in order to keep my identity confidential and also get the justice I am seeking.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 February 2023

any earlier similar query you made on this forum?

anubhav Bhatt   04 February 2023

You should approach court against that for filing Criminal case against them for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly about your case.
ADV ANURAG BHATT
ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT
MOBILE & WhatsApp 9198889990.

Shweta Tripathi   04 February 2023

No sir this is my first query.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 February 2023

2018 saw the rise of the #MeToo movement in India.

Inspired by a global campaign against s*xual harassment and assault, women across the spectrum opened up and shared their stories about abuse by men in positions of power. And it began in October with actress Tanushree Dutta accusing actor Nana Patekar of s*xual harassment while shooting for the 2008 film 'Horn Ok Please'.

What followed was a series of posts by other women who shared their experiences with the world. From actors, film directors to advertising top guns, artists and writers and politicians, women professionals called out obnoxious behaviour at the workplace. From unwanted attention in the office to s*xual innuendos on the film set, there were many kinds of allegations that surfaced.

While some of these are still struggling in the industry amidst the allegations, some succeeded in getting a clean chit from authorities. Recently, rumours surfaced that Patekar has been given a clean chit. However, the 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne' actress quashed the rumours. However, director Vikas Bahl, who was one of the prime accusees, has been set free from all charges against him. The internal complaints committee of Reliance Entertainment, today, set the 'Queen' director free, who was accused by an employee of Phantom films under the #MeToo movement.

It would be better to seek proper opinion and professional advise of a local prudent lawyer before taking any step / proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register