LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudeep (Manager)     28 July 2011

Challenging a sale deed of a property

Recently my grandmother(Mom's mother) expired, since my mother is the only child we expect her property to be inherited by my mother.

Surprisingly after her death we came to know that the property has been sold by my grandmother to my Mother's UNCLE and COUSIN. There is a sale deed for it. But there is no prooof of the transactions. It is mentioned in the deed that the amount has been received by my grandmother in installments.

The property has been built by my father after my grandfather's (Mother's Dad) death and registered in the name of my grandmother(Mom's mother).

Can we challenge this sale deed in a court?

Learning

3 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     28 July 2011

Ys, you can challenge the sale deed as it is not executed properly and not a valid one. The consideration shown is not true and the document is a forged one. But if tht document is found to be  valid and properly executed as per the registration act, you will lose the right over that property.

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     30 July 2011

Hi sudeep,

As per your  statement  above  few things  need  to  be  clarified.

Was  there a  Site  in  your  Grand Father's name.   and on that site your father  constructed  a  house  and is registered  in  your  grand mother's  name  after  the death of  your  grand father .      Once  the  property  is registered  in your  grand mother's  name,  your  grand mother  has  become  an  absolute  owner  of  the  property.     Unless  there is  some  written  MEmorandum of understanding  - registered   between  your  mother/father  and  your  grand mother  regarding  the  rights  of  alienation  which  restricted  your  grand mother  to sell  the  property in question  which is  being  constructed  by  your  father   your  grand mother can sell  the  property  to  anyone  she  wishes  to  in  her  capacity  as  absolute  owner.       If she  has  gone  to sub registrar  office  and  her  photo graph  appear in the VEndor column and her  signature  affixed  in  the  Absolute  Sale Deed   then  it  is  clear  that  the  property  is  legally  conveyed  to  the  PUrchasers ( here UNCLE  and  her Cousin ).       Difficult  case  unless  you  have some  strong  apprehension  that  there  is  a  element of  fraud  which  u  can  prove.

U can revert  back  to  me  with  all  the  available  documents  with   you.  with the signatures  of your  grand mother  and  the  documents  etc   then  we  can  give  a  try   after  through  scrutiny  of  the documents and  depending  on  who  is  in  possession of  the  property.. etc

U can revert  back  to me  on sohan1912@rediffmail.com   or  on 9845285555  in Bangalore.

Warm Regards.

Mahadeva  Rao G

ADVOCATE,   9845285555,  BANGALORE.

ANIL KUMAR VERMA (MANAGER ACCOUNTS)     07 April 2015

I SOLD MY DDA FLAT TO A LADY FOR RS.98.16 LAC INCLUDING PREMIUM 20.65 LAC OUT OF THIS SHE ISSUED CHEQUE OF RS.12.65 LAC CAN I GO FOR CANCEALLATION SALE DEED WHICH GOT REGISTERED BY HER SELF UNDER SCORE VALUE 79 LAKH

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register