Case not moving for last 6 years

In a revision petition filed 6 years ago, the respondents and their counsel are not appearing for cross examination at all for past 3 years. I've managed to get the Cross examination closed twice only for respondents to open cross examination again. When the matters are posted for cross examination, neither counsel appears nor respondents appear. I've made submission orally asking judge to pass orders. But only more dates are give . How to resolve this problem? This is a rent agreement case.
Retired employee.

Interested to know the remedy for issues like these from experts.


Retired employee.

    But never resort to any step in the case without instructions from your advocate as many may not like such independent actions of clients and difference of opinions may start instead of getting the issue solved.

Total likes : 1 times


The facts posted are less than convincing. A revision petition is not trial. How come the issue of cross examination?

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

The panel, headed by the secretary (justice) in the law ministry, “unanimously accepted” that the law of three adjournments should be strictly followed at least for commercial disputes. Frequent adjournments are considered a major cause of rising pendency of cases.


There're so many laws.     But there's no rule of law.

Dharam karam ko kal jug mein koi nahin poochega?

To Prabhu bole:

Dharm bhi hoga karm bhi hoga parantu sharm nahi hogi



In last 6 years I've changed 7 advocate. The matter is of rent and evacuation. Though the court gave order for eviction. The rent due from respondent was not ordered. So I've filed revision petition. Asking court to get me rent from respondent. The respondent never took the notice for nearly 2 years and also did not vacate the premises. Until notice was pasted in the door. After accepting notice my examination chief got over and also cross over. Respondent isn't coming to court. I cannot go to high court. What else options do I have?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x