FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (GM)     02 April 2018

Can my own advocate fight a case opposite to me?

My own advocate in Arbitration, after 5-6 years, has appeared to fight a case opposite to me in the same / similar matter in a Writ Petition filed in person by me. I am being given to understand that such things are unethical and can’t be Permitted and it would be termed as playing a devil’s advocate. I exactly could not understand what would this mean in Legal Terminology but could make out that It may go against me. The same is neither in the interest of me and nor in the interest of My previous Advocate if he represents my Opposite party. Prejudice would be caused to me as It may not only give adverse inference in my case but also damage the reputation of the Sr. advocate and put a question mark on his Integrity which would not be in the interest of either of us. it is quite Possible that i may have to face allegation that I had Planted my own advocate to take favors from him or to weaken the stand of Opposite Party as he was my own Advocate in the similar matter. My advocate now after being a Senior Adv refused to talk to me as he is not permitted to directly talk to clients.

I need to inform the court in this matter, I request to provide me the format of Application and under what section I can File it?


 3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     02 April 2018

Please indicate whether it is an Advocate or a Designated Senior Advocate?

This clarification from you is necessary, because at one place you mention as Advocate and at another place say it as Sr.Advocate.

sachin (GM)     02 April 2018

Previously when he fought for mr he was advocate and now he is Senior Advocate.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     02 April 2018

He can appear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query