Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay kumar   21 September 2015

Can academic grade pay be protected !

Hi !

I am working as an Assistant Professor (selected through open advertisement & proper selection panel) in a reputed Centeral University since May 2010. I had been given the AGP 8000 on joining but later on in view of the UGC letter, I have been downgraded to AGP 6000 by the University. This happened not only to me but to some 78 candidates who got appointed in 2009-10 in the University.

Before joining this University, I worked in a Govt. college from 27 Feb. 2001 to 17-10-2008 as Lecturer in the scale of Rs. 8000-13,500. After that I was Postdoctal research fellow abroad upto 29.7.2009.

After coming back from abroad, I joined BITS Piliani ( selected through open advertisement and proper selection pannel) on 30.7.2009 as Lecturer in Rs. 8000-13500 + 6 advance increments on permanent basis. Then in between the 6th Pay commission recommendations came and I have been re-designated by the BITS as Assistant Professor in PB-III (Rs. 15600-39100) + AGP 8000 with mininmum basic pay in the payband fixed at Rs. 21000.

After this as I got selected in the Central University (my present university), I resigned from BITS Pilani on 17 May 2010 and joined the present University on 18 May 2010.

After joining the Central University I applied for the Pay + AGP protection on the basis of my Last Pay Slip from BITS, by citing Rule 10.1 of the UGC 6th Pay Commission recommendation (w.e.f. 10 June 2010 in all Universities). Upon my request my Basic salary in the Payband Rs. 21000 was protected BUT NOT my AGP.

So at this point is there any merit in my case ?

Can my AGP from the BITS Pilani, which is a Deemed University, Under Section 3 of the UGC Act  1956, be protected ?

If yes, then please suggest me is there some authentic document to show to the University on this matter ?

Please reply soon.

Thanks in advance.

Any wa as Assistant Professor on AGP 8000. Later on as some of my colleagues had approached UGC and complained agaist my ,direct appointment on AGP 8000 18 so UGC

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register