LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Business Opportunity : US-India Trans border NRI Cases

I beleive there is a very strong business case and business oppurtunity for dealing with trans border Family Law cases. For this discussion, I am focussing on US. 

Of course there are law firms in India who have advertised their business in Indian magazines here in US but they do not neccesarily work with a US licensed lawyer to develop a joint strategy and solve the case. They sound and appear too commerical for the "common man/women" trapped in Family law case to approach them. I am thinking of creating a NGO/NPO with the blessings of the local government to address trans border family law issues between US and India.

Since Family law in US based on individual State laws unlike India ( as I understand), we could create a team as follows as a framework:

US Team                                                                   India Team

- One Lawyer from each State                              - One lawyer physically located in each State.

- One DV Counseller in each State                     - One DV Counseller/ Psychologist/Marriage and Family                                                                                                     Therapist in each State.

- One para-legal ( for calculating 

Child Support using States online tool)

- One Rep for dealing with police/LE                   - One rep per state for dealing with Police reports etc.

- One Financial accountant, preferably                - One CA per State

Forensic Accountant per State

- One Taxation Lawyer                                             - One Tax CA.

- Genetic Testing proffessional                              

--------------------

Thinking aloud, such a organisation can work with individual US State cases and co-ordinate activities back in India and vice versa. 

As long as we can show that the organisation mission is in the best interest of the child, reduces conflict, protects battered fathers/mothers ( DV is equal in USA. ie Man can file DV on women and send her to jail on one 911 call. ) , I beleive that the US authorities and public will be supportive. 

I am almost positive that if DV counselling and protection of battered father/mother is on the mission, then we can even get funds from the local government. 

I would like the thoughts of the learned professionals on this and see where this goes.

Learning

1 Replies

engineer222 (none)     16 April 2011

awsome idea.... those in usa should contribute

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register