Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kanya   23 July 2015

Bank harassment - threats

Hi,

I am a single woman who is been harrassed by a bank for nearly 6 years now. I held 2 credit cards & a loan based on credit card from ICICI for nearly 7 years ago. I am the bread earner for my family and i faced a lot of difficulties in repaying my loans. Since my committements increased I took up a job in the middle east and i am currently working in qatar. 

As soon as i moved here, i faced even more problems with ICICI while i was paying my dues. They froze my online access and autodebited everything i sent into my account due to which my payments to Axis bank & SBI got affected. 

I initiated the talk with all my banks and both Axis bank & SBI was quiet helpful and supportive. I have successfully closed my dues with both of them. However, ICICI did not solve my issues with them and hence I told them i will not pay until they fix my issues. They stopped contacting me after that, but ever since, every 3 months or so a "collection agency" would call me or send me an email via their gmail ids. I continously told them i will not communicate with anyone but the bank officials.. 

the only thing that changed was the number of collection agencies and the email ids and the way they spoke to me. They started threatening me, my job & my family. Even in 2011 some one claiming to be ICICI's advocate spoke to me and i was more than happy to get things settled. He asked me to pay some amount before the end of the year and i paid 30K in cash. But he vanished after that and did not help me settle.

Last year they threatened my mom who lives alone and because i was scared of her safety i filled a complaint in the local commissioners office. This year, they had called my company HR and told them that i am a defaulter and that i ran away from my country. I have tried almost everything by the book. I have kept email records, SMS records of their threats, i tried to file a complaints against them with RBI ombudsman ... nothing has given me a solution or peace. I am still feeling threatened everytime the phone rings & i worry about my family. 

I would like to take some serious action against ICICI and i would appreciate any legal help this club can give me.

Please contact me on my email kanyabp@gmail.com if you are willing to help. 

Regards

Kanya

Learning

3 Replies

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     24 July 2015

Dear Better take the help of your present organisation in collecting the following information with specific recommendation of your organisation.(a).Total amount outstanding.(b)Express your willingness to honour the payment only Through Demand Draft from your paying branch.This method will safe guard the interest of your family members.The only advantage is you will be in a position to establish your honesty if you take the help of your organisation.This method has brought better relationship with the Banking Industry.The proposal may kindly be exmined and action taken accordingly.Remember to have specific recommendation of your organisation in all correspondance to the Bank in which the Account is presently held...Regards slakshmanrao3@gmail.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2015

The ICICI recovery agents cannot take rules in their hands.  There are various settled laws in this regard as to how to deal with such issues.  You may issue a legal notice to the bank mentioning the atrocities of the recovery agents or some fake people and ask them to curb the growing menace or else you will be pushed to initiate legal action against all of them. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register